Match Report Futsal: Team United Birmingham vs Team Bath

31 October 2011

Name of event: FA National League Futsal

Date and time of event: Sunday 30 October 14.00pm Ko

Score: Team United Birmingham 3 – 5 Team Bath

Venue: Futsal Birmingham Arena

Futsal Team United vs Team Bath 111030Team Bath made it three wins from three in the FA National League after beating last year’s Midlands League winners Team United Birmingham.

Bath started the game in strong fashion by playing some really positive Futsal.

After three minutes from a kick in Bath took the lead as the imaginative Mark Ingram flicked the ball to Ian Parkes to volley home from the edge of the box.

As the half continued Team Bath seemed quite content to defend and catch the hosts on the break with Rob Yilmaz and Grahame Gardiner going closing to doubling the lead.

Team United Birmingham kept plucking away and did catch the visitors out in 1 v 1 situations dribbling passed players only to be denied by Jose Lima in the Bath goal.

The game then took a turn and became scrappy with several fouls being picked up by both sides to the point where Team Bath had to swap Lima for Brendan Dix in goal through injury.

Then a break for Bath as Team United gave their sixth foul away giving Bath the chance to score from the 10m spot. Ian Parkes stepped up and calmly slotted the ball home to make it 2-0 just before the break.

Team Bath now in control started confidently in the second half but it was Team United who began to control the game moving the ball quicker and creating good opportunities to score, and score they did only two minutes in with a back post move finished off cutely after Bath lost possession on the half way.

As ever Bath responded and Captain Jennings replied almost immediately finishing off a move at the back post following a Parkes cut back.

The game now became stretched as Team United increased the pressure on Bath who struggled to play out from the back. As a result Team United stole possession again in the Bath half and converted a 3 v 2 situation to make the score 3-2.

Bath took a time out to slow the game down and changed defensive tactics and began pressing the hosts back into their half to stop counter attacks.

This increased tempo in the University side began working as Sion Kitson restored their two goal advantage as Parkes rounded the keeper and cut the ball back for Kitson to score from outside the box.

However, Team United refused to lie down and with five minutes left scored a half volley from a kick in to make it 4-3.

Nevertheless, Bath continued their good start to the season and finished the game with a quite superb passing goal. With quick effective passing and movement the play ended with Ingram playing Kitson at the back post to score and make the result 5-3 to Team Bath.

Team Bath are now joint top with Loughborough after three games. This week it is the start of BUCS, another competition the team are looking forward to do well in.

Team Bath: Lima (GK), Kitson (MOM), Jennings (c), Parkes, Ingram, Dorin, Yilmaz, Gardiner, Clarke, Dix (GK)

Partners and Suppliers