Match Report Futsal: FA National Play Offs

12 May 2012

Fitxture: FA National Play Offs

Date: Saturday 12 May 2012

Score: Middlesbrough 8 – 4 Team Bath

Venue: Mayesbrook Sports House, London

Team Bath entered the FA National League Play offs as one of the best six teams in the country all fighting to be crowned National Champions.

Middlesbrough 8 – 4 Team Bath

In group game one Bath entertained Northern League runners up Middlesbrough.

The game started at a good tempo with both teams having chances. Then a through pass from Jennings to Kitson saw the latter brought down in the box. Parkes converted the penalty to give Bath the lead.

Boro then equalised as they found space down the left beating Lima in the Bath goal. Bath responded right away with Kiyamov scoring with a low right footed shot. Boro stepped up their game and got back into the match with Bath being a little naieve giving the fifth foul away.

At half time Boro led 3-2 but at the start of the second half Bath began playing the free flowing Futsal they are known for and within five minutes turned the game on its head to lead 4-3 with goals from Parkes and Kitson.

With seven minutes to go Bath were still leading 4-3 and to this point had been the better side in the second half.

Late on Boro needing a win started to powerplay and a deflected pass gave them a free shot and an equaliser. Once again on five fouls Bath conceded a sixth and another long penalty which boro scored with just two minutes left took them into the lead.

Bath now came out with the powerplay to try and score but failed to do so and let three goals in very late on.

Team Bath played ever so well for large parts of this game but some naivety in their play through giving to many fouls away and too many needless late goals cost them a match they probably should have won.

Team Bath 1 – 5 Helvecia

In game two Bath had to win by four clear goals and beat defending Champions Helvecia who had already beaten Boro 9-4 earlier in the day.

With little rest between the two games Bath started slow and Helvecia the four time National Champions went into a 3-0 lead within the first 10 minutes.

Bath rolled up their sleeves and found some needed energy and the second part of the first half they played as equals moving the ball around the court at a high speed. They got back into the match to make it 3-1 through Parkes once again finishing off a good move.

With a minute left on the clock before the interval Bath had a breakaway with two attackers and just the Helvecia Goal Keeper to beat, they didn’t score and within five seconds Helvecia were down the other end to make it 4-1 at the break. This was the harsh world of Futsal.

In the second half besides a sloppy goal to make it 5-1 Bath continued to play some attractive Futsal with some good attempts blocked by England Goal Keeper James Dalton in the Helvecia goal. The reigning champions were still in control of the match but Bath certainly for periods of the game although fatigued showed some good Futsal and that they are a club getting better all the time.

The team will learn much from this experience and next year will be looking to go one step further.

A massive thank you must also go to the fans who came along to support the club in its finest hour. It has been a great season and hopefully everyone enjoyed what was a great day for the club, its players and their fantastic supporters. Roll on next season!!!

Team Bath: Lima (GK), Jennings (c), Ingram, Kitson, Parkes, Dorin, Yilmaz, Gardiner, Bryan, Kiyamov, Bourdin, Dix (GK)

Partners and Suppliers