Team Bath welcomes you and/or your team to get involved with the 2016 Sport Relief Road to Rio challenge, a 6,000 mile challenge for runners, rowers, swimmers and cyclists.
- The distance from Bath to Rio is 6,000 miles.
- Our challenge consists of covering as many miles as you can by either running, rowing, swimming or cycling.
- We challenge you to set yourself a target number of miles to cover and then raise as much money as you can for Sport Relief by covering your target miles individually or as part of your team.
- The challenge starts as soon as you enter by completing the entry form.
- The deadline to complete your challenge is Thursday 17th March.
- You can enter the challenge as an individual or within a team of up to six members.
- Everyone is welcome to take on the challenge and raise money for this great cause.
- Money raised through Sport Relief helps to fund incredible projects which change people’s lives.
- Of all the money raised, 50% is used to make a difference in the UK, and 50% goes towards transforming lives across the world’s poorest communities.
- Visit www.sportrelief.com/whereyourmoneygoes for examples of how your fundraising could help.
- You can cover the miles for the challenge at the Sports Training Village by using our swimming pool, athletics track or gym. Alternatively, you can cover the miles on your commutes to work or at facilities you already use.
- Team Bath are happy to announce a Sport Relief special deal for bike classes and the gym which will allow you to use these facilities at set times over the period leading up to Sport Relief to help cover your miles. Please see the rules and regulations for more information.
There will be three prizes up for grabs for the following achievements whilst taking part in the challenge:
- The first team or individual to get to Rio (6,000 miles)
- The team or individual to raise the most sponsorship money
- The individual to cover the most miles
Please submit the below form to enter Team Bath’s Road to Rio challenge.
By submitting the form, you confirm that you and/or your team:
- Are fit to run/swim/cycle/row as part of this Sports Relief challenge.
- Will be truthful in the amount of miles covered and will regularly send updates to the relevant Team Bath contact.
- Agree to your details being electronically stored for the purpose of organising the challenge.
- Agree to the rules and regulations as stipulated on this page.
Road to Rio Entry Form
Rules and Regulations
- All miles must be covered by either running, swimming, cycling or rowing.
- All miles must be recorded and logged.
- A weekly update must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on a Sunday stating how many miles have been covered that week and how they have been covered.
- The final update of miles covered must be sent in by Thursday 17th March.
- If you are entering as a team, it is the team lead’s responsibility to send the weekly update.
- All sponsorship that is gained must be logged on the sponsorship form.
- The sponsorship you raise must be paid either by post, in person or online at sportrelief.com/payin.
- Please send an update of how much you have raised to the events team at email@example.com by Thursday 17th March so this can be logged and published.
Sport Relief membership special
- The membership specials can only be accessed when you have confirmed you are taking part in the Road to Rio challenge.
- Special memberships are only available during off-peak times (Monday to Friday, 6am-3pm; Saturday and Sunday, 8am-7pm).
- The memberships can be bought directly by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 01225 383597.