This summer, the Team Bath Gym will undergo a major refurbishment set to include the installation of new state-of-the-art technology, more training spaces for users and brand new cardiovascular equipment among other improvements.
The refurbishment is scheduled to take place over a 25 day period, during which an alternative pop-up gym will be installed to ensure a smooth transition for Team Bath members.
The works are intended to significantly enhance the experience of all our customer groups and will feature the most advanced fitness technology throughout. The new equipment will be supplied by industry leaders Matrix Fitness who supply kit to elite sports clubs including Premier League football, professional rugby union, professional rugby league and Formula One teams.
Work will begin on August 10, with the refurbished gym open on September 5.
Full details of the gym equipment installation are as follows:
- A blanket replacement of our cardiovascular and strength training kit (note that the Watt bikes and the Concept 2 rowers will remain).
- All of the cardio kit will feature built-in TVs for entertainment including Freeview, Netflix and social media capability.
- An increase in lifting platforms from seven to 10.
- Provision of Stairmasters and two HIIT Treadmills.
- The creation of a custom-built 25 square metre rig offering terrific versatility for functional training and more users per square metre.
- All bench presses will use breaker technology.
Whilst we are installing the kit, we will also be addressing the following:
- Fixing the leaking roof.
- An overhaul of the air con units.
- New flooring throughout the cardio area.
- Rerouting of the electrics to support the equipment reconfiguration.
- A full repaint.
For more information about obtaining a Team Bath Gym membership, visit our membership pages.
For further details about the refurbishment taking place, or for options of freezing your membership during the refurbishment period, contact our memberships team on email@example.com.