We’d like to say a big thank you to all of you that have been following along and attempting our Big Sports Quiz questions. For all of you wanting to check your scores here is a complete list of the questions we have put out and their corresponding answers.
Want to get competitive? Why not tweet us @TeamBath on twitter with your scores to let us know how you did? If you’re passionate about your particular sport and want a quiz from us, feel free to contact us via email and we’ll put one together.
- How many throwing events are there in track and field at the Olympic games?
- How many laps around a standard outdoor athletics track is a 10,000m race?
- In what event did Dick Fosbury win a gold medal at the 1968 Olympic games?
- What was “Bath Bullet” Jason Gardener’s legal 100m personal best?
- Colin Jackson won what colour medal in the 110m hurdles at the Seoul 1988 Olympic Games?
- Who ran under 4 minutes for the mile for the first time on May 6th in 1954 and also officially opened the outdoor athletics track at the University of Bath’s Sports Training Village in 1994?
- Who was the first British female to win an Olympic gold medal in track and field?
- What is the opening event in the women’s heptathlon?
- In what year was the triple jump for women first contested at a Summer Olympics?
- Prior to Usain Bolt, who was the last man to win the Olympic 100m and 200m sprint double?
- Who is the only British athlete to have competed on the track at 5 Olympic Games?
- How many hurdles are there in a 400m hurdles race?
- Who holds the record for the most IAAF World Championship titles?
- Who is the only sprinter in history to be crowned 100m world champion four times?
- How many false starts are currently allowed in sprint events at all major championships before the offending athlete is disqualified?
- Which event isn’t in the men’s decathlon?
- In which event did Eilidh Doyle and Emily Diamond both win an Olympic medal at Rio 2016 while training at the University of Bath?
- Which Premier League football team now play their home games at the London 2012 Olympic Stadium?
- Who is the only female British track and field athlete to have won Olympic, World, European and Commonwealth titles?
- How many gold medals did Jesse Owens win at the 1936 Olympics in Berlin?
- Former British athlete Jonathan Edwards won an Olympic gold medal and holds the world record for which event?
- Who currently holds the British record for the men’s 400m hurdles?
- Who was the first British track and field athlete to win medals at 3 consecutive Olympic Games?
- In the 4x400m relay, how many metres are run in lanes before the runners break to the inside lane?
- Which player has scored the most points in Men’s European Championship Cup history?
- Who is the most capped Red Rose of all time?
- Who won the Wheelchair Rugby Paralympic gold at Rio 2016?
- Which team won the 2018-2019 World Rugby Sevens series?
- Which men’s team trained at the Team Bath facilities in preparation for the 2015 Rugby World Cup?
- Who are the reigning Men’s Rugby World Cup champions?
- Which men’s team was relegated at the end of the 2018/19 Gallagher Premiership season?
- Who were the 2018/19 champions of the Women’s Tyrells Premier 15s?
- Who is the only nation in the men’s professional era to win back-to-back Rugby World Cup titles?
- Which country, in both the men’s and the women’s series, has the most World Rugby Sevens Series titles?
- Who won the Women’s Rugby World Cup in 2017?
- Where will the next Men’s Rugby World Cup be hosted?
- How many British & Irish Lions tours have ended in a draw?
- Who has scored the most tries scored in Men’s European Championship Cup history?
- Who is the most capped man in England Rugby history?
- What was the final score between New Zealand and England in the 2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan?
- Which team did NOT play in the 2018/2019 Men’s Super Rugby Final?
- Which Gallagher Premiership team received a gigantic points reduction which will see them relegated at the end of the season?
- All 3 of these teams compete in the Six Nations. Which team has NOT won a title in both the men’s and the women’s competition?
- Which nation will host the next Women’s Rugby World Cup?
OLYMPIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ
- Who currently holds the men’s 100m Olympic track and field title?
- In which year did women first compete at the Olympic Games?
- In which city did boxing and civil rights icon Muhammad Ali help light the Olympic Torch?
- Which Team Bath Judoka represented Great Britain in the Men’s Judo 100kg event at Rio 2016?
- Who was the first Team Bath athlete to win a Paralympic medal on the athletics track?
- Where were the Olympic Games held in 2016?
- Which Team GB and Team Bath-based athlete won women’s gold at the Vancouver Winter Olympic Games in 2010?
- In which year was Rugby Sevens included in the Olympic Games?
- Before Anthony “AJ” Joshua was crowned world champion, he also had an Olympic gold medal on his trophy shelf, what year did he win his gold?
- Who was the first GB athlete since 1920 to win an Olympic gold in Tennis?
- What length is an Olympic-sized swimming pool?
- Which men’s 200m track and field sprinter won gold at the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta?
- Lots of modern pentathletes train at the University of Bath but in which year was the sport first included in the Olympic Games?
- In which sport did Team Bath’s athlete Vicky Holland win a Rio 2016 medal
- At the London 2012 Paralympic Games, which British track and field sprinter took home the women’s T34 100m Gold?
- Where will the Olympic and Paralympic Games be held next year?
- Which Australian man won Gold in the 100m freestyle at the Rio 2016 Games?
- Kate Howey competed in Judo with a career spanning 16 years and four Olympic appearances. In which Olympic Games did Kate carry the national flag in the opening ceremony?
- Shaun White has competed in four Olympic Winter Games in his career, in how many of those competitions did he win gold?
- Tanni Grey-Thompson won two gold medals in wheelchair racing at Athens 2004, but in which distance did she miss out on a medal?
- How many years were there between Fred Perry’s last Wimbledon title and Andy Murray’s first?
- How many men’s singles titles has Rafa Nadal won at the French Open?
- Since Roger Federer’s first US Open title in 2004, only three players outside of the ‘Big Four’ (Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Murray) have won the men’s singles tournament. Which of these is NOT one of the three players?
- What was different about the Australian Open in 1988?
- In which country did Team Bath Athlete Alex Walker win a mixed doubles silver medal at the World University Games?
- What was the score in the final set of John Isner and Nicolas Mahut’s marathon first round match at Wimbledon in 2010?
- Who did Roger Federer beat in the final of the 2009 French Open to complete his career grand slam?
- Who is the youngest ever winner of a singles title at the US Open?
- Which Brit won their first ever grand slam title at the 2020 Australian Open?
- Who did Liam Broady beat in his first-round match at Wimbledon in 2015?
- What is the name of the hawk that is used by Wimbledon to keep pigeons away from the grounds?
- Who was the last British woman to win the singles title at Roland Garros?
- What happened on Kim Clijsters’ championship point in the 2009 US Open final?
- What is the most times in a row that Novak Djokovic has won the men’s singles event in Australia?
- Marcus Daniell made the quarter-finals of the men’s doubles event at Wimbledon in 2019, but who was his partner that year?
- Who has won the most women’s singles championships at Wimbledon in history?
- What was the occupation of Roland Garros – the man who the tournament is named after?
- The names of this top tennis player has been spelled using chemical symbols from the periodic table. The symbols are from the chemicals: Potassium, yttrium, roentgenium, iodine and osmium. Who are they?
- Who was the last Australian to win a title (singles, doubles or mixed) at the Australian Open?
- Which country did Great Britain defeat in the promotion play-off match at the Group 1 Fed Cup match that was played in Bath in 2019?
ATHLETICS QUIZ ANSWERS
- High Jump
- Roger Bannister
- Mary Rand
- 100m Hurdles
- Carl Lewis
- Jo Pavey
- Alison Felix
- Shelly Ann Fraser Pryce
- 4x400m relay
- West Ham
- Sally Gunnell
- Triple Jump
- Kriss Akabusi
- Steve Backley
RUGBY QUIZ ANSWERS
- Ronan O’Gara
- Rochelle Clarke
- South Africa
- Newcastle Falcons
- Saracens Women
- New Zealand
- New Zealand
- New Zealand
- Chris Ashton
- Jason Leonard
- New Zealand
OLYMPIC QUIZ ANSWERS
- Ben Fletcher
- Ben Rushgrove
- Rio De Janeiro
- Amy Williams
- Andy Murray
- Michael Johnson
- Hannah Cockroft
- Kyle Chalmers
- 2004, Athens
TENNIS QUIZ ANSWERS
- Nick Kyrgios
- Court surface change
- South Korea
DAY TWO ANSWERS
- Robin Soderling
- Tracy Austin
- Joe Salisbury
- Marinko Matosevic
DAY THREE ANSWERS
- Sue Barker
- Opponent was penalised
- Wesley Koolhof
DAY FOUR ANSWERS
- Martina Navratilova
- Aviator/ pilot
- Nick Kyrgios
- Sam Stosur (women’s doubles 2019)