Customer guidelines – please read before visiting
The Team Bath Sports Training Village began the first phase of reopening on Monday, August 3, 2020 – we are delighted to welcome you back!
To provide peace of mind as people return to sport and training, a number of new Covid-compliant measures have been introduced in the building as per UK Government and UK Active official guidance and all sessions – including gym workouts, swims, exercise classes and tennis courts – must be booked in advance.
As a courtesy to others, we are also asking everyone to voluntarily wear a face covering in the general areas of the STV, especially where a 2m social distance is not possible. This includes the reception and stair areas, all general walkways and corridors, and in the swimming pool changing rooms.
We would also like to reassure all customers that the recent government guidelines relating to social gatherings do not apply to ‘organised sport’ and fitness activities. Therefore, our classes will be be going ahead as normal. Customers can also continue to use our venue for their sport and fitness activities as before. However, it does mean that customers should not travel to or arrive at our venue in groups of larger than six if they are from different households.
This page, which will be updated regularly, will provide full details of the new guidelines for the Sports Training Village and for individual facilities, such as the Team Bath Gym & Fitness Centre, as well as customer awareness videos. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the guidelines ahead of your first visit.
Facilities and activities currently available to book
- Team Bath Gym & Fitness Centre (8am-8pm weekdays, 9am-4pm weekends)
- London 2012 Legacy Swimming Pool (times vary, click here to view timetable)
- Exercise classes (times vary, click here to view timetable)
- Personal training sessions
- Outdoor tennis courts (9am-8pm weekdays, 9am-4pm weekends)
- Indoor tennis courts – (8am-8pm weekdays, 9am-4pm weekends, to Team Bath + members, students and staff)
- Please do not enter the Sports Training Village if you are displaying any Covid-19 symptoms.
- All sessions – workout, swim-fit, exercise classes and tennis – must be booked in advance via this website (click here) or our Team Bath Active app. Please do not visit without booking first and please do not arrive before your booking time. Bookings can be made up to 24 hours in advance for gym and swim, or seven days for exercise classes.
- Please follow all social distancing measures which are clearly marked within the building, including a new one-way system in operation on walkways, corridors and stair areas. As a courtesy to others, we are also asking everyone to voluntarily wear a face covering in the general areas of the STV, especially where a 2m social distance is not possible. This includes the reception and stair areas, all general walkways and corridors, and in the swimming pool changing rooms.
- Changing rooms for all areas except the swimming pool are currently closed, so please arrive ready to train and head home to shower afterwards. Changing time for swimming is included in your 1-hour booking slot – you will not be allowed to access the changing rooms before then.
- Please help us to maintain a clean facility by observing good hand hygiene practices and wiping down equipment where possible before and after use.
Team Bath Gym & Fitness Centre guidelines
Team Bath Swimming Pool – Customer Guidelines
Please note your changing time is included in your 1-hour booking slot. Please do not arrive early.
Team Bath Tennis courts
When booking a court, members will need to register – for Covid track and trace reasons – the number of people joining them on court. All players using the indoor courts are asked to observe the one-way system within the Sports Training Village – enter via the front entrance and make your way to court via the downstairs reception, then please make your way swiftly off court at the end of your session by using the internal stairs back up to the balcony overlooking the tennis courts and exit the building using the front entrance. At all times, please follow the social-distancing guidelines of both Team Bath (click here to read) and the LTA (click here to read).
While we feel we have thought things through, you may have a better idea for how to allow everyone to enjoy their sport and activity whilst observing safe guidelines. If that’s the case, we will be delighted to hear from you. Either approach a member of staff on site or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.