Customer guidelines – please read before visiting
The Team Bath Sports Training Village will reopen to customers at 6am on Wednesday, December 2nd and operate during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: 06.00-22.00
- Saturday and Sunday: 08.00-19.00
Some facilities within the building have different operating times, so please check them in advance at https://www.teambath.com/about/opening-hours/
All activities – including gym workouts, swims and exercise classes – must be booked in advance using our Connect online booking system. Please visit www.teambath.com/bookonline to find out more.
The Founders Hall will also open from Wednesday, December 2nd until the end of the student term but will be closed over the Christmas vacation.
Before visiting the Sports Training Village or Founders Hall, please take the time to familiarise yourself with our customer guidelines designed with the safety of customers and staff in mind. Thank you for your cooperation and enjoy your visit.
Key points – before visiting
- Please do not enter the Sports Training Village or Founders Hall if you are displaying any Covid-19 symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate.
- Everyone is required to wear a face covering in the Sports Training Village and the Founders Hall apart from when exercising or in the changing rooms (U12s are exempt as are individuals with medical exemptions).
- We are part of the Government’s test and trace protocol and customers with smart phones (aged over 16) are requested to register using the QR codes at the entrance area.
- The STV is located in a Tier 2 area and it is important to note, as many of our customers visit the STV from surrounding areas, that travel from a Tier 3 area is only permitted for a small number of “necessary reasons” which does not include non-elite sport.
- Remember to book your visit in advance via the Team Bath Active App or at teambath.com/bookonline.
- Each sport and activity will operate in accordance to their specific Government and National Governing Body guidelines, as well as wider University of Bath protocol for student activities. Please click here to find the latest information.
Key points – within the Sports Training Village and Founders Hall
- Please follow all clearly-marked social distancing measures including a one-way system on walkways, corridors and stairs. The lift to reception is operational with a limit of one person at a time (except for family groups or individuals accompanied by a carer).
- Our toilet facilities and some changing rooms are operational but we would ask, where possible, that you arrive ready to be active and then depart and shower at home. The changing time for swimming is included in your 1-hour booking slot and you will not be allowed to access the changing rooms before then.
- Some lockers are also available. If you leave your phone in one, please switch it off to avoid potential false self-isolation alerts should it be in proximity for more than 15 minutes to one in an adjacent locker whose owner later tests positive for Coronavirus.
- Please help us to maintain a clean facility by observing good hand hygiene practices and wiping down equipment where possible before and after use.
Organised student sport and Sports Pass activities
As the University of Bath is taking part in the National Coronavirus testing programme ahead of the Christmas break, there will be no organised student sport – competitive or recreational – during December in line with Government guidance on arrangements for most students to be tested and travel home for Christmas.
Sports Pass activities for students will still be able to go ahead for those sports where individuals can stay within this Christmas travel guidance. These activities include:
- Tennis, badminton and squash (singles only except that doubles can be played with members of one household).
- Netball and basketball (for up to six people from the same household).
- Outdoor athletics.
Full customer guidelines
Team Bath Gym & Fitness Centre guidelines
Team Bath Swimming Pool – Customer Guidelines
Please note your changing time is included in your 1-hour booking slot. Please do not arrive early.
Government and sport-specific guidelines
While we feel we have thought things through, you may have a better idea for how to allow everyone to enjoy their sport and activity whilst observing safe guidelines. If that’s the case, we will be delighted to hear from you. Either approach a member of staff on site or email us at email@example.com.
Or if you would like to contact other areas of our operation then here are the details:
Sports Training Village reception: 01225 386339
General enquiries (including booking information)*: firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership enquiries: email@example.com or 01225 383597
Physio & Sports Science Centre: firstname.lastname@example.org
Media & marketing: Click here for further details.
Team Bath store: email@example.com
Team Bath Ticketline: 0844 888 4412
Other University of Bath departments: Click here for further details.
*At Team Bath we will always endeavour to answer your e-mails promptly but please note that this generic enquiry e-mail address is not monitored overnight (from 17.00-09.00) nor at weekends or on Bank Holidays and sometimes our teams across the Sports Training Village may be experiencing a high volume of e-mails and calls and may not be able to answer your enquiry, once forwarded to them, for up to 48 hours.
If your enquiry to this generic e-mail box, relates to next-day bookings, please call our Reception team who may be able to assist you via 01225 386339. If your enquiry relates to your Team Bath Membership or problems with your Team Bath membership sign-in please contact that team direct via firstname.lastname@example.org or 01225 383597. If you have a sport-specific enquiry, please visit our sport by sport pages for the contact details of the relevant admin or coaching teams.