Reopening information and customer guidelines
The Government’s roadmap out of lockdown restrictions has given us a planning framework within which to restore activity at the Team Bath Sports Training Village (STV) and Founders Hall in the coming months for all of our individual and group customers.
We will operate within the Government guidelines at every stage, with everyone’s safety in mind, and this page will be updated regularly. Please read the guidelines below thoroughly before visiting the Sports Training Village and follow our Covid protocols and signage throughout the facilities. Thank you for your cooperation and welcome back!
|Activites currently available||Guidelines at a glance||How to book|
The following indoor and outdoor facilities are now open to University of Bath students and staff, all Team Bath members and the public – bookings MUST be made in advance, including gym workouts and swimfit sessions.
*Subject to proposed revised government permissions being activated.
|INDOOR SPORT – ONE HOUSEHOLD ONLY – NB see details for changes from May 17|
|Facility||Weekday hours*||Weekend hours*||Further info|
|Badminton||7am-10pm||8am-7pm||Bookable online for students, staff, pay as you go customers and Team Bath Plus members (maximum 4 people from 1 household only, max 6 or two households from May 17)|
|Basketball||7am-10pm||8am-7pm||Bookable online for students and staff (maximum 12 people per half-court from 1 household only)|
|Gym & Fitness Centre||6.30am-10pm||8am-7pm||24-hour advance booking using our online density booking system for all members and pay as you go customers as individuals. Gym and fitness classes now available to book and restarting in our studios from 17 May.|
|Netball||7am-10pm||8am-7pm||Bookable online for students only (maximum 24 people from 1 household only)|
|Personal Training (1 to 1)||6.30am-10pm||8am-7pm||Available to book via email@example.com|
|Squash||7am-10pm||9am-7pm||Bookable online for students, staff, pay as you go customers and Team Bath Plus members (maximum 2 people from 1 household only)|
|Swimming (swimfit)||Various times – see swimfit timetable||Various times – see swimfit timetable||24-hour advance booking online for students, staff, pay as you go customers and Team Bath members (maximum of 6 per lane)|
|Tennis (indoor)||7am-10pm||8am-7pm||Bookable online for students, staff, pay as you go customers and Team Bath Plus members (maximum 4 people from 1 household only. From 17 May maximum of 6 or two households applies)|
|Volleyball||7am-10pm||8am-7pm||Bookable online for students only (maximum 24 people from 1 household only)|
|OUTDOOR SPORT – RULE OF 6 OR TWO HOUSEHOLDS, see details for changes from May 17th|
|Facility||Weekday hours*||Weekend hours*||Further info|
|Astro pitches||8am-10pm||8am-7pm||No studs or bladed footwear. Bookable online for football for students and staff. For other activities and public bookings, please email S.A.Stone@bath.ac.uk|
|3G training strip||8am-8pm||8am-7pm||Bookable to the public online. For other enquiries, please email S.A.Stone@bath.ac.uk|
|Outdoor tennis courts||9am-8pm||9am-7pm|
|Outdoor athletics track||8am-10pm||8am-7pm||Not available for field events|
|Beach volleyball courts||8am-8pm||8am-7pm||From May 17, groups of up to 24.|
|Outdoor personal training||8am-8pm||8am-7pm||Bookable via firstname.lastname@example.org|
Customer guidelines – key points
- Please do not enter the Sports Training Village or Founders Hall if you are displaying any Covid-19 symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate.
- Everyone is required to wear a face covering in the Sports Training Village and the Founders Hall apart from when exercising or in the changing rooms (U12s are exempt as are individuals with medical exemptions).
- We are part of the Government’s test and trace protocol and customers with smart phones (aged over 16) are requested to register using the QR codes at the entrance area.
- Please follow social distancing measures including a clearly-marked one-way system on walkways, corridors and stairs. The lift to reception is operational with a limit of one person at a time (except for family groups or individuals accompanied by a carer).
- Customers must exercise only with people within their household, apart from outdoor sport where the Rule of 6 or two households applies.
- We are asking all customers to come changed and ready to be active and then depart to shower and change at home where possible to ease pressure on our toilet, changing and locker facilities, which will be available but on a limited basis due to social distancing measures.
- Please refrain from arriving too early for your session. Your swipe card will only allow you access a few minutes before your session begins.
- We have reactivated our upgraded and regular cleaning protocols throughout the building and would ask customers to play their part by wiping down kit in the gym and/or specific areas in the changing rooms (as indicated by our signage posters) particularly before and after they have touched these areas or used the equipment.
- The Sports Cafe will be open from 10am-2pm for hot and cold drinks, sandwiches and snacks.
- Each sport and activity will operate in accordance to their specific Government and National Governing Body guidelines, as well as wider University of Bath protocol for student activities. Please click here to find the latest information.
Other than the exceptions in the tables above, customers should book online or via the Team Bath Active app using our Connect system. Sessions are available to book as follows:
- From 7 days in advance – Team Bath Plus members (except individual gym and swimfit);
- From 5 days in advance – Student Sports Pass holders (except gym and swimfit);
- From 3 days in advance – Team Bath members (at pay-as-you-go rates until April 12th when new conditions will apply – please see below) and the public (except gym and swimfit);
- From 24 hours in advance – all customer groups – athletics track, gym and swimfit sessions (in one-hour slots).
Student Sports Pass holders can book and access the relevant facilities (except where restrictions apply) free of charge and a household is defined as also covering student kitchen groups.
Next phases of reopening
We will be able to return to group exercise classes from May 17th at the earliest but options remain for customers to workout virtually with our live daily online classes or book outdoor personal training sessions.
Our plan, once necessary retraining has taken place, is to restart some after-school and holiday camps activities in a small number of sports from summer onwards. Due to Covid restrictions our full Tribe Swim School is unlikely to start until September, preceded potentially by some summer-time catch-up lessons.
Many of our staff are currently on furlough so please bear with us during this time. As always, if you have any queries, please contact us as follows and we will do our best to answer promptly (at least within three working days):
- Membership and booking system enquiries: email@example.com.
- General enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org (monitored on weekdays from 9.15am-4.45pm).
- Sport by sport enquiries: Please visit the relevant sport page on our website (www.teambath.com/sport) for details of that sport’s admin and coaching team.