Reopening information and customer guidelines
Please read the guidelines below before visiting the Sports Training Village and follow our Covid protocols and signage throughout the facilities. Social distancing, face coverings and other safety protocol, including advance bookings, will remain in place until athletes training towards the Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games have departed for Japan in mid-August, at which point they will be reviewed – please click here for further details. Thank you for your cooperation.
|Activities available||Guidelines at a glance||How to book|
Please note that bookings must be made in advance, including gym workouts and swimfit sessions.
|INDOOR SPORT – ONE HOUSEHOLD ONLY|
|Facility||Weekday hours*||Weekend hours*||Further info|
|Badminton||7am-10pm||8am-7pm||Bookable online for students, staff, pay as you go customers and Team Bath Plus members (maximum 6 people or two households)|
|Basketball||7am-10pm||8am-7pm||Bookable online for students and staff (maximum 12 people per half-court from 1 household only)|
|Gym & Fitness Centre||6.30am-10pm||8am-7pm||
Gym workouts – 24-hour advance booking using our online density booking system for all members and pay as you go customers as individuals.
Group exercise classes – booking up to seven days in advance for members, five days for University of Bath staff and three days in advance for pay as you go customers.
|Netball||7am-10pm||8am-7pm||Bookable online for students only (maximum 24 people from 1 household only)|
|Personal Training (1 to 1)||6.30am-10pm||8am-7pm||Available to book via firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Squash||7am-10pm||9am-7pm||Bookable online for students, staff, pay as you go customers and Team Bath Plus members (maximum 2 people from 1 household only)|
|Swimming (swimfit)||Various times – see swimfit timetable||Various times – see swimfit timetable||24-hour advance booking online for students, staff, pay as you go customers and Team Bath members (maximum of 6 per lane)|
|Tennis (indoor)||7am-10pm||8am-7pm||Bookable online for students, staff, pay as you go customers and Team Bath Plus members (maximum of 6 people or two households)|
|Volleyball||7am-10pm||8am-7pm||Bookable online for students only (maximum 24 people from 1 household only)|
|OUTDOOR SPORT – RULE OF 6 OR TWO HOUSEHOLDS|
|Facility||Weekday hours*||Weekend hours*||Further info|
|Astro pitches||8am-10pm||8am-7pm||No studs or bladed footwear. Bookable online for football for students and staff. For other activities and public bookings, please email S.A.Stone@bath.ac.uk|
|3G training strip||8am-8pm||8am-7pm||Bookable to the public online. For other enquiries, please email S.A.Stone@bath.ac.uk|
|Outdoor tennis courts||9am-8pm||9am-7pm|
|Outdoor athletics track||8am-10pm||8am-7pm||Not available for field events|
|Beach volleyball courts||8am-8pm||8am-7pm||Groups of up to 24.|
|Outdoor personal training||8am-8pm||8am-7pm||Bookable via email@example.com|
Customer guidelines – key points
- Please do not enter the Sports Training Village or Founders Hall if you are displaying any Covid-19 symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate.
- Everyone is required to wear a face covering in the Sports Training Village and the Founders Hall apart from when exercising or in the changing rooms (U12s are exempt as are individuals with medical exemptions).
- We are part of the Government’s test and trace protocol and customers with smart phones (aged over 16) are requested to register using the QR codes at the entrance area.
- Please follow social distancing measures including a clearly-marked one-way system on walkways, corridors and stairs. The lift to reception is operational with a limit of one person at a time (except for family groups or individuals accompanied by a carer).
- Customers must exercise only with people within their household, apart from outdoor sport where the Rule of 6 or two households applies.
- We are asking all customers to come changed and ready to be active and then depart to shower and change at home where possible to ease pressure on our toilet, changing and locker facilities, which will be available but on a limited basis due to social distancing measures.
- Please refrain from arriving too early for your session. Your swipe card will only allow you access a few minutes before your session begins.
- We have reactivated our upgraded and regular cleaning protocols throughout the building and would ask customers to play their part by wiping down kit in the gym and/or specific areas in the changing rooms (as indicated by our signage posters) particularly before and after they have touched these areas or used the equipment.
- The Sports Cafe will be open daily for hot and cold drinks, sandwiches and snacks. Please click here for current operating hours.
- Each sport and activity will operate in accordance to their specific Government and National Governing Body guidelines, as well as wider University of Bath protocol for student activities. Please click here to find the latest information.
Other than the exceptions in the tables above, customers should book online or via the Team Bath Active app using our Connect system. Sessions are available to book as follows:
- From 7 days in advance – Team Bath Plus members (except individual gym and swimfit);
- From 5 days in advance – Student Sports Pass holders (except gym and swimfit);
- From 3 days in advance – Team Bath members and the public (except gym and swimfit);
- From 24 hours in advance – all customer groups – athletics track, gym and swimfit sessions (in one-hour slots).
Student Sports Pass holders can book and access the relevant facilities (except where restrictions apply) free of charge and a household is defined as also covering student kitchen groups.
Next phases of reopening
We are restarting some Tribe after-school and holiday camps activities in a small number of sports from the summer half-term (June 1) onwards. Click here to see what camps are available. Due to Covid restrictions our full Tribe Swim School is unlikely to start until September, preceded potentially by some summertime catch-up lessons.
Social distancing, face coverings and other safety protocol, including advance bookings, will remain in place until athletes training towards the Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games have departed for Japan in mid-August, at which point they will be reviewed – please click here for further details.
Many of our staff are currently on flexi-furlough so please bear with us during this time. As always, if you have any queries, please contact us as follows and we will do our best to answer promptly (at least within three working days):
- Membership and booking system enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- General enquiries: email@example.com (monitored on weekdays from 9.15am-4.45pm).
- Sport by sport enquiries: Please visit the relevant sport page on our website (www.teambath.com/sport) for details of that sport’s admin and coaching team.