National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
August 21 - August 26£250
A National Pool Lifeguard Qualification course is taking place in the London 2012 Legacy Pool from August 21-26.
Running from 9am-5pm each day, this qualification permits you to work as a lifeguard in swimming pools across the country and is also recognised in many foreign countries.
Every candidate must be aged 16 or over and be able to:
- Jump / dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water
- Tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out unaided without ladder / steps and where the pool design permits
You will be assessed at the end of the course. Upon passing candidates are permitted to work competently in a swimming pool environment and administer first aid when needed.
The course is delivered by Rob Whalley and costs £250. For more information, contact Chris Burling on C.Burling@bath.ac.uk.