Sam Holmes – Gym & Group Exercise Manager
Date joined Team Bath: October 2013
- Managing the gym
- Ensuring all members have a safe and enjoyable experience
- Overseeing the group exercise and personal training aspects of the business
Sam has 16 years’ experience in the fitness industry in roles such as fitness instructor & class instructor for a range of health clubs, national tutor/assessor and master trainer for one of the largest training providers in the UK, personal trainer and area manager.
His qualifications include a BSc in Sport, Fitness and Coaching, exercise referral, ante and post-natal exercise, older populations, personal training and a wide range of group exercise qualifications such as kettlebell, studio cycling and suspension training.
Olly Biddulph – Personal Trainer
Date joined Team Bath: May 2014
- Leading inductions throughout the gym, teaching a variety of exercise classes, and designing personal training programs for students and members of the public.
- Creating personal training programmes to cater for individual client’s needs; finding solutions and alternatives where necessary.
- Ensuring all clients have a safe and enjoyable experience whilst achieving their personal goals.
Olly has three years’ experience in the fitness industry working as a fitness instructor and personal trainer whilst competing internationally for Great Britain. Olly has always played sport to a high level since a very young age and for the past six years has been an international bobsleigh pilot based here at the University of Bath. After training and competing in events such as the 2012 Youth Olympic Games, multiple Junior World and World Championships, and racing in both Europe and North America, a specific and individual training program is very familiar for Olly – something he feels strongly about with his clients.
Olly has extensive knowledge of strength and power training, speed training, fitness training, nutrition, and weight management. He is a chatty chap and loves to help people achieve their personal goals – whatever these may be!
Qualifications: BSc Sports Performance (First Class honours), Level 3 Qualifications in Personal Training, Circuit training, FK Pro, fitness instructor, and First aid.
Alison Blackett – Fitness Instructor
Date joined Team Bath: 2002
- Designing and tailoring fitness programmes to help customers achieve their goals
- Inducting new members
- Ensuring the smooth day-to-day running of the gym
Ali is an NVQ Level 3 Personal Trainer.
Her main areas of interest are pre and post-natal, core stability and sport massage therapy.
She is an established and experienced freelance massage therapist and reflexologist but her specialist area is sports massage therapy.
Daniel Clarke – Fitness Instructor
Date joined Team Bath: August 2011
First and foremost Dan is a Fitness Instructor but he is also qualified as a Personal Trainer and an Lv2 Strength and Conditioning Coach.
He says: “The fitness suite is a great place to train hard but also to meet people and have some fun. I believe the Team Bath gym is second to none in the south west.”
Dan has featured in the University of the Year video. Watch it here:
Terry Clifton – Personal Trainer
Date joined Team Bath: December 2015
- Consultations with clients including personal goal-setting, health appraisal, and exercise and daily lifestyle analysis
- Bespoke personal training and exercise programmes/routines
- Personally training and motivating clients on a one-to-one basis ensuring they achieve their goals in the Team Bath Gym environment
Terry is a highly qualified and experienced personal trainer who has a wealth of experience in the fitness industry. He says: “I take professional pride in motivating and training my clients to achieve their health and fitness goals and I treat every client as a unique individual.”
Terry’s previous roles include sport centre management, sports development officer and senior fitness instructor. He is a qualified instructor in circuit training, core stability, Boxercise, suspension training and studio cycling.
Terry is a strong advocate of continual professional development and is currently completing REPs Level 4 in Obesity and Diabetes Management.
Qualifications: BA Sports Degree, REPs Level 3 Qualifications in Personal Training, Client Lifestyle and Fitness Assessment, Nutrition and Weight Management, Advanced Gym Instructor and GP Exercise Referral.
Nathan Osbaldeston – Fitness Instructor
Date joined Team Bath: September 2015
- Teaching group exercise and personal training sessions.
- Looking after the gym, ensuring it is tidy and equipment is kept to a high standard.
- Ensuring all members have a safe and enjoyable experience.
Nathan is relatively new to working in the fitness industry having passed his Level 3 qualification in March 2017 and gained a job in the Team Bath Gym a few months later. However, he has been exercising in gyms since he was 16 so has plenty of experience of a gym environment. He also plays football and rugby, as well as swimming and running.
As well as being a fully-qualified personal trainer, Nathan has a wide range of group exercise qualifications such as kettle bell and suspension training.
Matt Smith – Personal Trainer
Sandra Smith-Vokroj – Personal Trainer
Date joined Team Bath: May 2014
- Personal Trainer and Casual Sports Trainer to the public, staff, athletes and University of Bath students.
- Weightlifting Workshop Facilitator and Coach, specialising in Olympic Weightlifting.
From 1986 to 2003, I participated in three sports for Great Britain – athletics, weightlifting and powerlifting. I enjoyed the aspects of the diverse training disciplines, motivational challenges and learning the plethora of training modes, much of which I have adopted into my Personal Training Programming.
My first employment in the sporting industry was in 1987, teaching Exercise to Music, and that was when I qualified as a Gym Instructor. I also worked as a Sports Leader, facilitating and providing community sports and children’s day camps, and was a London Youth Games staff member covering the boroughs of Newham, Camden and Tower Hamlets.
As a Personal Trainer I have worked with a wide range of clients from international athletes to cardiac patients, endurance runners, rugby players and people looking to lose weight.
- BSc in Social Work and Applied Social Studies
- British Weightlifting coach
- Personal Trainer
- Exercise Referral
- Exercise to Music
- Level 3 Sports Massage
- Level 3 Sports Injuries
- Level 3 Sports Psychology
- Diploma in Mental Health and Welfare
- Attended Post Antenatal Workshops