Teams and training times
A wide range of student teams
The University of Bath’s rugby programme consists of Union, League and Touch teams catering for various levels of ability.
- Men’s 1st XV – BUCS Super Rugby, Somerset Cup, support Bath Rugby A League.
- Men’s 2nd XV – BUCS Premier South A, BUCS Vase, Bath Combination Cup, Somerset Cup.
- Men’s 3rd XV – BUCS Western 1A, BUCS Western Conference Cup, Bath Combination Cup, Somerset Cup, friendlies.
- Men’s 4th XV – BUCS Western 2B, Bath Combinational Cup, friendlies.
- Men’s 5th XV – BUCS Western 4B.
- Men’s three Freshers XVs – local university league.
- Men’s Jaegers XV (social rugby, student-led) – Local/regional/inter-club friendlies.
- Women’s 1st XV – BUCS Western 1A, BUCS Trophy.
- Men’s Rugby League XIII – BUCS Premier South A, BUCS Cup, BUCS 9s.
- Men’s 7s 1st – BUCS Championships 7s, England Uni Hubs Tournament, support Bath Rugby 7s, two performance tournaments.
- Men’s 7s 2nd – BUCS Trophy 7s, two social tournaments.
- Women’s 7s 1st – BUCS Championships 7s, one social tournament.
- Mixed Social 7s – one friendly or social tournament, full and half-pitch competitions.
- Multiple touch rugby teams – University Touch Series.
New students applying to the University of Bath
Individuals wishing to study at the University of Bath who are looking to get involved in playing in any of the above teams can download our recruitment form [PDF], fill in the relevant information and return it by email to Director of Rugby Aaron James on email@example.com.
Local rugby clubs
The University of Bath is proud to have strong connections with many of the local rugby clubs found in Bath and its nearby regions, with students made aware of the playing opportunities available.
For a comprehensive list of clubs found in the area, see our document below:
The following represents a typical week in season for students selected for men’s and women’s teams (training times may vary depending on match fixtures):
Additional skill sessions are assigned to a variety of teams.
A level of strength and conditioning and physiotherapy clinics are provided for players in the first and second teams and may vary based on student timetables and training work load.