Team Bath Tennis is an approved LTA Tennis Coach Development Centre, offering both LTA Qualifications and CPD (Continual Professional Development) courses to coaches and support staff.
We deliver qualifications at Level 1, 2 and 3, plus a variety of CPD courses including First Aid, Safeguarding and electives linked to qualifications.
- Open up LTA Coach Education by offering more courses in more counties delivering to a wider pool of coaches.
- Actively recruit new coaches from under-represented parts of the tennis community including more female coaches, coaches without prior tennis experience, parents, fitness industry professionals and University students.
- Provide opportunities for employment to young and motivated coaches who are keen to forge a career in the game.
- Help to place the right coach in the right roles.
- Find, recruit and develop the best coach education tutors .
What courses do we run?
The Level 1 Coaching Assistant Course is the starting point for people who want to get into tennis coaching and become a coaching assistant. It will train people to:
- Plan and deliver a structured lesson under the supervision of a Level 3 or above Accredited or Accredited+ coach;
- Have basic knowledge of tactics, techniques and rules of tennis;
- Have a full understanding of the structure of Mini Tennis.
The Level 2 Coaching Assistant Course is aimed at those who want to further improve their coaching skills from Level 1. You will be trained to work with beginners in a group context, without direct line of sight supervision by a Level 3 or above Accredited or Accredited+ coach.
- Plan and deliver a structured lesson using LTA level 2 coach resources;
- Coach beginners in group settings;
- Give advice on tactical and technical improvement for beginners.
The Level 3 Coach Qualification Course is for people who want to work full-time within the tennis coaching profession. On successful completion of the coach qualification candidates will be trained to:
- Coach beginners and improvers in groups and as individuals;
- Understand the basics of business management;
- Manage the work of Level 1 and 2 coaching assistants.
We only use the very best tutors from around the South West region, meaning your learning experience will be first class.
Team Bath Tennis CDC courses are delivered at the best venues from across the region including the Team Bath Sports Training Village, Oxstalls Sports Park in Gloucester and the University of Bristol.
How do I book?
You must book through the LTA website which will then take you to a University of Bath booking portal. Please click here to view the LTA course provider page and details of available courses.