Continued Professional Development (CPD)
Team Bath Training & Development are hosting two CPD weekends aimed at Sports Massage Therapists delivered by experienced tutor and practitioner Stan Mavridis.
An intensive, cutting-edge approach to releasing Myofascial restrictions using Performance Myofascial Release Techniques (PMRT) and the protocols of Active Isolated Stretching (AIS), all in a small group class environment. Weekends at the University of Bath will focus on either the Upper or Lower Body. Day 1 will be devoted to PMRT and day 2 to AIS.
Course dates and booking details
|Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd February 2020||9am-5pm daily||Myofascial release & active stretching (lower body)||£250||Click here to book|
Myofascial release & active stretching – course structure
Day 1: Performance Myofascial Release Techniques
- An introduction/review of the myofascial and muscular anatomy and function of the hips, legs, feet (lower) or neck, arms and torso (upper);
- How to assess client ROM and Myofascial restrictions using visual body reading active and passive ROM;
- Direct Myofascial Release techniques specific to a wide range of sports/athletes and how to best utilise each stoke in supine, prone, side lying, standing and seated positions.
Day 2: Active Isolated Stretching (AIS). Performance/Stretch
- How to safely and effectively assist your clients/athletes stretch all major muscle groups using the AIS Performance/Stretch method of muscle lengthening and fascial release;
- How to incorporate AIS Performance/Stretch into your practice;
- The differences between active and passive stretching techniques;
- Specific body positioning and the use of belts to secure client to treatment couch for more effective results;
- How to successfully integrate both therapies into one effective treatment.
Stan Mavridis is a highly qualified and experienced Sports Massage/Soft Tissue Therapist. His qualifications and certifications include CORE Myofascial Therapy and Structural Integration, Advanced Sports Massage, Active Isolated Stretching (AIS), Neuromuscular Therapy, Kinesio Taping and Soft Tissue Release (STR). He holds a BSc in Kinesiology from the University of Colorado, Boulder.
Stan has had the privilege of working with many world-class athletes and individuals across a wide range of sports and from all walks of life. He was part of the medical team as a volunteer therapist for the London 2012 and Athens 2004 Olympic Games and has also worked the last two Paralympic Games as the Soft Tissue Therapist for Paralympics GB and British Athletics. Stan has previously worked as lead therapist for Team Bath (University of Bath) and with the British Athletics Para Athletics program.
He currently is the owner of his own business while continuing his work with the English Institute of Sports where he works with the British Swimming and Sailing programs.
Stan is a former massage instructor at the Colorado School of Healing Arts (CSHA) which ranks as one of the leading massage training schools in the USA. He is the developer of Performance Myofascial Release Techniques Advanced Soft Tissue Techniques Masterclass workshops. He also teaches Active Isolated Stretching (AIS) seminars and has taught numerous workshops.