Strength and Conditioning Education Programme (SCEP)
The Strength and Conditioning Education Programme is an innovative course of learning designed to:
- Prepare you for a potential career in the competitive strength and conditioning industry
- Enhance your knowledge and capabilities as a coach of athletes and sports performers
For a summary of the course syllabus, download our information pack (arriving shortly).
In preparation for undertaking the UK Strength and Conditioning Association accreditation, SCEP is delivered through:
- High quality online learning materials written and delivered at the University of Bath
- Practical weekend-based delivery with highly qualified and experienced strength and conditioning educators
- A support programme that includes mentoring opportunities, guest lectures, career workshops and access to core and supplementary texts
- A comprehensive course that will underpin your development as a strength and conditioning coach
- Modules to be taken over one year or longer, in which you will study a range of subjects, with emphasis on:
- The principles of coaching
- Technical skills and Olympic lifting
- Advanced programming and athlete support
The SCEP programme prepares students for work in a high performance sport environment. You will have practical training, working alongside high performance sports teams and learn from specialist practitioners.
Applications are invited from Sport Science (or associated academic disciplines) graduates, Level 3 REPS-accredited individuals and coaches from the sports industry to be part of the first cohort in this exciting educational programme. Previous experience in sport science/anatomy and physiology is preferred but not essential.
Weekend 1: 6th & 7th October 2018
Weekend 2: 10th & 11th November 2018
Weekend 3: 8th & 9th December 2018
Weekend 4: 12th & 13th January 2019
Weekend 5: 9th & 10th February 2019
Weekend 6: 9th & 10th March 2019
Saturdays and Sundays
9am to 5pm
SCEP University of Bath Student – £750 (including BWLA L1 Weightlifting)
SCEP External – £1,000
How to book
You can sign up for the course today by booking online via the Team Bath store.
There are several payment options available. Please click here to read our payments and funding options.