Volunteer Zambia – Developing People, Inspiring a Nation
The University of Bath, through the Department of Sports Development & Recreation, is part of the Wallace Group who have a strong partnership for the effective delivery of the Volunteer Zambia project.
University of Bath students have the opportunity to spend six weeks volunteering in the heart of Lusaka, Zambia in a sports development capacity working with our partner NGO Sport in Action.
Successful Student Sport Development Officers will focus on ONE of the following areas:
- Volleyball and netball development – coaching delivery, coach and umpire development; and upskilling current Zambian volunteers
- Football development – coaching delivery; and identifying, recruiting and working with female coaches as a mentor to enhance their coach education experience
- Basketball development – coaching delivery to upskill officials and referees and train more Zambian referees
- Female ambassador – work within the Girls in Action programme to support, encourage and empower female leaders and participants
- PE practitioners – help to train Zambian staff and support the delivery and development of structured school PE sessions
- Sports management and leadership – deliver agreed sport management projects (policy and process development, facility development, sport league co-ordinators, sports leadership training and mentor future trainers)
Apply now for summer 2017
We are looking for four student volunteers who wish to leave their comfort zone and challenge themselves – individuals who have an ambition for a career in PE teaching or coaching and are passionate about volunteering and international development – to lead on this year’s project in Lusaka between June and September 2017.
Deadline: 14th October 2016 (interviews take place week commencing 17th October 2016)
For more information or to discuss please contact email@example.com.
All updates related to the project can be found on the Wallace Group Universities’ website: www.wallacegroupuniversities.com