Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Weight Lifting
A progression route from the Level 1 Award in Coaching Weight Lifting, this qualification is designed for individuals preparing to work in a weight lifting coaching environment who wish to independently coach weight lifting to young people and adults, usually within a club environment.
The course will qualify the successful candidate to:
- Introduce, create, deliver and evaluate a series of linked and progressive weight lifting sessions
- Supervise other coaches to deliver weight lifting sessions
- Hold the 1st 4 Sport Level 1 award in coaching Weight Lifting (proof of certificate)
- Accurately identified (proof of ID)
- Over 18 on first day of the course
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing)
Dates TBC – all days are 9-5pm.
Email me a 2018/19 timetable once published
Five mandatory units:
- The role of the coach in weight lifting coach
- Plan a series of coaching sessions in Weight Lifting
- Deliver a series of weight lifting coaching sessions
- Review a series of weight lifting sessions
- Technical coaching requirements for weight lifting
Learners will be assessed throughout the 3 days of delivery via:
- Case studies
- Portfolio of evidence
- Practical demonstrations
Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Weight Lifting costs £500, British Weight Lifting Members £450.