Aimed at those seeking to enhance their knowledge and work with special populations the Active IQ Diploma in Exercise Referral is recognised at Level 3 qualification on the national framework.
This qualification is designed to provide learners with the knowledge to ensure safe and effective exercise programming for patients with a number of medical conditions and common reasons for referral onto a community-based exercise referral scheme.
Entry Criteria: 16+, a good understanding of both written and spoken English. Learners must hold a Level 2 certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym/Exercise to Music or Aqua) or equivalent or one of the following: Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training; Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork; Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga.
Duration: Online theory study with practical study and assignments at the University of Bath (blended learning).
Next course dates: January 2021 (booking details available soon).
Price structure: £650 (discount available for University of Bath students, staff and VAST alumni). Please click here to see our payments and funding page for more information.
Please read our terms and conditions before booking by clicking here.
Course syllabus and assessment
Delivered over 6 units, learners will complete:
- Anatomy & physiology for exercise and health*;
- Professional Practice for exercise referral instructors;
- Understanding medical conditions for exercise referral;
- Applying the principles of nutrition and physical activity*;
- Planning exercise referral programmes with patients;
- Instructing exercise with referred patients.
* Option to APL these units if successfully completed Level 3 Personal Training.
Assessment: Multiple-choice paper (x2); learner assessment records (worksheets); Learner Achievement Portfolio (LAP); practical assessment; attendance for course content.
Health & Fitness Programme Manager – Hannah van Buuren – 01225 385378 – H.E.Van.Buuren@bath.ac.uk