Aquatic Therapy Shallow Pool Rescue Award (ATSPRA)
Who is this course aimed at?
ATSPRA is a supervision and rescue qualification for therapists, teachers and support staff working on the poolside or in the water during such activities as aquatic therapy and therapeutic exercise/play. The qualification is suitable for use in shallow pools where the rescuer will not be required to swim to perform a rescue, with water no deeper than the rescuer’s chest depth.
What will I study?
- Your role and responsibilities;
- Pool Safety Operating Procedures;
- Hazards on poolside;
- Dealing with emergencies;
- Polices and procedures;
- Pool supervision and intervention;
- Class management and safety;
- Awareness of Suspected Spinal Cord Injury Management.
Why study with us?
- Use our inspirational Sports Training Village to study, training and gain necessary industry experience while you’re with us;
- Learn from elite practitioners who are working within the field of sporting first aid injuries;
- Job opportunities within the leisure industry;
- Experience of an Olympic-sized swimming pool.
Please email Jemma Plummer – J.M.Plummer@bath.ac.uk – to find out more and register your interest in the course.