American Fund Scholarship
There are a variety of excellent academic courses here at the University of Bath along with elite sporting facilities, a scholarship programme available exclusively to student-athletes from the United States and the option to travel around Europe in your spare time.
- Our Taught Postgraduate programmes only last one year, unlike in the United States where further study typically last over two years.
- We are one of just eight elite high-performance centres, offering world-class facilities that are already home to more than 250 athletes competing at national and international level including Olympic, Paralympic, World, European and national champions across a range of sports. Click here to take a virtual tour of the Team Bath Sports Training Village.
- We were named as the 2018 Sports University of the Year in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide, as well as ranked fifth best university in the UK by the Guardian University Guide 2018 and fourth in the UK for student experience in The Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2018.
- There is the opportunity for student-athletes to compete regularly in national BUCS [British Universities & Colleges Sport] competition.
- We are one of only three higher-education institutions in the UK to be awarded Clean Sport Elite Accreditation Status by UK Anti-Doping.
- Bath is a UNESCO World Heritage City and considered one of the most beautiful and historic cities in the UK.
- The University of Bath is well located for those who are interested in travelling around Europe or wanting quick links to airports. Bristol Airport is a one-hour bus journey away from the city centre and London is just 90 minutes away by train, giving you options on your Tier 4 visa to explore further after you have finished your degree.
Scholarship support and how to apply
One American Fund Scholarship is available per annum at a value of $5000 for one year of postgraduate study. No payments will be made during a placement period.
US postgraduate student-athletes will be considered on a case-by-case basis, based on the following criteria:
- be an eligible US student;
- be registered on a full-time campus based taught postgraduate degree programme;
- compete in an NCAA division sport;
- have the ability to represent the University and contribute to and/or win University National titles;
- have a recommendation from either a University of Bath, home or NGB official/coach (applications which only state a coach’s email without a full supporting statement may not be considered);
- sport, performance level and international profile will be considered.
If you think you meet the criteria, please click here to fill in an application form online or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Alongside a Sport Scholarship, high performance US student-athletes will receive all the benefits UK student athletes do, including access to the Team Bath Dual Career Programme – click here to find out more.