Clean Sport at Team Bath
All sporting participants have the right to compete in doping-free sport (Clean Sport).
The University of Bath adopts the UKAD and World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) position that cheating, including doping, is fundamentally contrary to the spirit of sport, undermining the otherwise positive impact it can have on society.
A culture of clean sport is promoted throughout the STV and the University. Athletes can be tested at any time! Click here to see our Advice Card for further information on anti-doping.
To this end the University of Bath commits to support Clean Sport in the UK in the following ways:
- The University of Bath supports the mission of UK Anti-Doping and WADA in achieving Clean Sport.
- All athletes are expected to play, train and compete in line with the spirit of sport, including the anti-doping rules.
- All coaches and athlete support personnel are expected to perform their role in line with the spirit of sport, including the anti-doping rules.
- The University of Bath is committed to supporting the prevention of doping behaviour in the UK in collaboration with other sporting bodies.
- University of Bath staff will not condone, assist or in any way support the use of prohibited substances and methods (unless permitted by a Therapeutic Use Exemption) in any aspects of their work.
- All University of Bath staff will be expected to contact UK Anti-Doping should they become aware of an athlete or NGB member using or considering the usage of a prohibited substance or prohibited method. This contact should be done in confidence on the dedicated confidential Report Doping in Sport line.
- The University of Bath will uphold any sanctions placed upon an athlete by UK Anti-Doping or other associated body in accordance with the World Anti-Doping Code.
Athletes are 100% responsible for the substances they take and any substances found in their body during any testing – read our advice on supplements here.
Thinking about expanding your anti-doping knowledge? Take the online UKAD Advisor Assessment and Coach Clean courses here: http://ukad.coachwisehub.com/store
UK Anti-doping Agency
World Anti-doping Agency
100% Me: a UKAD initiative
Global Drug Reference Online
We partner with a number of National Governing Bodies, see below for links to their anti-doping pages for more information regarding their anti-doping policies and procedures.
British Bobsleigh and Skeleton: http://www.thebbsa.co.uk/the-bbsa/anti-doping/
British Rowing: https://www.britishrowing.org/about-us/governance/anti-doping/
British Swimming: https://www.britishswimming.org/performance/swimming/anti-doping/
British Triathlon: https://www.britishtriathlon.org/gb-teams/clean-sport
Pentathlon GB: https://www.pentathlongb.org/performance/anti-doping