Team Bath Futures: Athlete Development
Now taking bookings for the new term starting on 9th January 2023 – email Julia Waldron at email@example.com to sign up or for more information
Team Bath Futures: Athlete Development is the family of activities and services targeted at youth athlete development. It ranges from research into growth and maturation to the coaching of children within physical activity or sport and the prevention and management of injuries.
The aim is simple: to provide the highest level of care and service in order to develop good athletes who wish to participate in sporting/physical activity throughout the entirety of life.
For athletes aged 10-18 years old we provide:
- Physical development for talented young athletes;
- Nutritional, lifestyle management, psychology, injury prevention and wellbeing support.
Athlete development is centred on the enhancement of sound fundamental movement competencies of core patterns and technical skills. Improvement of physical performance is strived for with a long-term athletic development framework in mind.
- Create a full athletic toolbox – improving fundamental and advanced technical skills;
- Enhance movement capabilities and co-ordination;
- Improve all physical capabilities of strength, power, speed, agility, balance and flexibility;
- Reduce risk of injury;
- Enhance decision-making processes and the ability to adapt to situations;
- Develop an understanding of elite training and the responsibility that comes with this;
- Enhance other areas of long-term athletic development: well-being; nutrition; psychology; lifestyle support.
Strength & Conditioning sessions are divided into two categories, Blue Development and Gold Performance, primarily based on training age and athletic competence.
Blue Development introduces young athletes to regular physical training, using a large variety of movements. The focus is on building strong fundamental movement skills and body awareness.
Gold Performance builds on the skills and movement competencies from Blue Development, with the ultimate aim of preparing athletes for the transition into adult training and competition, and creating an all-round athletic toolbox.