Team Bath Gym & Fitness Centre
At the heart of our fitness offering is the Team Bath Gym & Fitness Centre – a spacious 1,536 square metre facility that is open to members seven days a week. There is also a dedicated High-Performance Gym for performance athletes.
Before visiting the Team Bath Gym & Fitness Centre, please click here to view our guidelines and safety measures, and watch the following customer awareness video below. New customers should also watch the virtual induction – follow the link via posters in the gym or in your T&Cs document.
Monday-Friday: 6.30am – 10.00pm
Saturday and Sunday: 8.00am – 7.00pm
Subject to Bank Holidays and campus restrictions, please click here for further details.
There are two large and distinct areas of the Team Bath Gym & Fitness Centre, now called Gym 1 and Gym 2, each of which features 3m2 individual training zones and socially-distanced walkways in line with Government and UK Active official guidance.
Both gym spaces are kitted out with state-of-the-art cardiovascular equipment – including treadmills, exercise bikes, cross trainers, climbmills, assault bike and ski-erg – powered by Matrix Fitness, whose technology allows users to synchronise their workouts with our dedicated Team Bath Active app. All cardio machines come equipped with access to Netflix, YouTube and social media (accounts needed).
There are also two studio spaces plus a TRX bay in Gym 2, allowing us to provide socially-distanced group exercise classes.
Book in advance
You will need to book in advance to secure a workout slot and say which of the two gyms you wish to train in for the duration of your workout. This is easy to do and can be done up to 10 minutes before you want to train. You can book multiple training sessions per week (one a day) which will be in 60-minute slots, although the duration of slots may change from time to time. If you realise that you can’t use your slot for any reason, please cancel it so that someone else can use it.
You do not have to be a member to book – please click here to check out our pay and play rates.
Located on the ground floor of the Sports Training Village, this facility was extensively refurbished in the summer of 2016 and features, as well as the Matrix cardio facilities:
- Three Wattbikes
- Six lifting platforms
- Four squat racks
- Five bench-press stations
- Gym rig (including four more lifting platforms)
- Eight rowing machines
- A large range of free weights going up to 65kg
- Resistance machines
This spacious, two-storey gym extension opened in February 2019 and includes on the ground floor:
- A large free weights area
- Four lifting platforms with built-in racks and a solid wooden floor
- Versa Climber, two watt bikes and other cardio equipment
- 20m sprint track with prowler, tyres and farmer’s walk
- 23-bike spin studio with state-of-the-art Matrix CXP bikes and classes taught using a unique colour system
The upper floor also benefits from natural light and includes:
- A functional area featuring TRX battle ropes, rip trainers, slam balls and more
- Rope grappler
- S Force and S Drive machines
- A range of cardio equipment
- Expansive mirrored multi-function studio with sprung wooden flooring
The High-Performance Gym is designed solely for performance athletes based at the Sports Training Village and was funded through a partnership between the University of Bath, the English Institute of Sport (EiS), Sport England, UK Sport and TASS.
It has been specifically designed to meet the needs of individuals and groups of athletes on world-class performance programmes and its features include:
- An integrated testing platform to give in-depth physical analyses of athletes;
- A video feedback system to assist in the coaching of athletes;
- An integrated system allowing real-time feedback to be given to athletes on strength and power output.