Team Bath Gym & Fitness Centre
At the heart of our fitness offering is the Team Bath Gym & Fitness Centre – a spacious 1,536 square metre facility that is open to students, staff and members of the public seven days a week. There is also a dedicated High-Performance Gym for performance athletes.
Saturday and Sunday: 8am-7pm
There are three main zones to the Team Bath Gym & Fitness Centre, each of them kitted out with state-of-the-art cardiovascular equipment – including treadmills, exercise bikes, cross trainers, climbmills, assault bike and ski-erg – powered by Matrix Fitness, whose technology allows users to synchronise their workouts with our dedicated Team Bath Active app.
In total, there are nearly 200 stations available for use across the three zones and all cardio machines come equipped with access to Netflix, YouTube and social media (accounts needed).
There are also two studio spaces plus a TRX bay, providing scope for 100 group exercise classes every week.
Located on the ground floor of the Sports Training Village, this facility was extensively refurbished in the summer of 2016 and features, as well as the Matrix cardio facilities:
- Three Wattbikes
- Six lifting platforms
- Four squat racks
- Five bench-press stations
- Gym rig (including four more lifting platforms)
- Eight rowing machines
- A large range of free weights going up to 65kg
- Resistance machines
Located on the ground floor of the new two-storey gym extension opened in February 2019, this spacious facility includes:
- A large free weights area
- Four lifting platforms with built-in racks and a solid wooden floor
- Versa Climber, two watt bikes and other cardio equipment
- 20m sprint track with prowler, tyres and farmer’s walk
- 23-bike spin studio with state-of-the-art Matrix CXP bikes and classes taught using a unique colour system
Located on the upper floor of the two-storey gym extension, this facility – as with Zone Two – benefits from natural light and includes:
- A functional area featuring TRX battle ropes, rip trainers, slam balls and more
- Rope grappler
- S Force and S Drive machines
- A range of cardio equipment
- Expansive mirrored multi-function studio with sprung wooden flooring
The High-Performance Gym is designed solely for performance athletes based at the Sports Training Village and was funded through a partnership between the University of Bath, the English Institute of Sport (EiS), Sport England, UK Sport and TASS.
It has been specifically designed to meet the needs of individuals and groups of athletes on world-class performance programmes and its features include:
- An integrated testing platform to give in-depth physical analyses of athletes;
- A video feedback system to assist in the coaching of athletes;
- An integrated system allowing real-time feedback to be given to athletes on strength and power output.