Our athlete support services can benefit athletes at the Sports Training Village in a number of ways. These include our:
- Designed to support athletes in combining high performance sport and education
- Ensures appropriate support is available, designed for athletes’ individual needs both now and in the future
- Provides access to our high performance gym, facilities and a dedicated lifestyle support officer
- Offers opportunities for us to support factors which underpin achievement
- Support Service Grant providing a tailored Sports Science and Medicine package for athletes.
- Financial support to ease the burden of academic fees
- Seven different scholarship schemes available
- Representatives from each sport present ideas and raise concerns of their fellow athletes
- Contributes to the progression of sport at the university for athletes of all ages and abilities
- Government-backed partnership between talented young athletes, educational institutes and NGBs
- Currently more than 35 TASS athletes across 15 sports
The University hosts elite training squads for more than 12 sports alongside the national governing bodies of sport.
To find out more about our individual sport programmes, visit our ‘Sport‘ section and select your chosen sport for details.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? We are here to help.