The University of Bath’s rugby programme consists of Union, League and Touch teams catering for various levels of ability.
- Men’s 1st XV – BUCS Super Rugby, Somerset Cup, support Bath Rugby A League.
- Men’s 2nd XV – BUCS Premier South A, BUCS Vase, Bath Combination Cup, Somerset Cup.
- Men’s 3rd XV – BUCS Western 1A, BUCS Western Conference Cup, Bath Combination Cup, Somerset Cup, friendlies.
- Men’s 4th XV – BUCS Western 2B, Bath Combinational Cup, friendlies.
- Men’s 5th XV – BUCS Western 4B.
- Men’s three Freshers XVs – local university league.
- Men’s Jaegers XV (social rugby, student-led) – Local/regional/inter-club friendlies.
- Women’s 1st XV – BUCS Western 1A, BUCS Trophy.
- Men’s Rugby League XIII – BUCS Premier South A, BUCS Cup, BUCS 9s.
- Men’s 7s 1st – BUCS Championships 7s, England Uni Hubs Tournament, support Bath Rugby 7s, two performance tournaments.
- Men’s 7s 2nd – BUCS Trophy 7s, two social tournaments.
- Women’s 7s 1st – BUCS Championships 7s, one social tournament.
- Mixed Social 7s – one friendly or social tournament, full and half-pitch competitions.
- Multiple touch rugby teams – University Touch Series.
Find out more about:
2020-21 academic year
All rugby activities – coaching, training, competition and recreational – will be subject to prevailing Government and sport-specific guidelines.
New students applying to the University of Bath
Individuals wishing to study at the University of Bath who are looking to get involved in playing in any of the above teams can register their interest by filling in the form below.
Local rugby clubs
The University of Bath is proud to have strong connections with many of the local rugby clubs found in Bath and its nearby regions, with students made aware of the playing opportunities available.