The University of Bath’s rugby programme consists of Union, League and Touch teams catering for various levels of ability.
- Men’s 1st XV – BUCS Super Rugby, Somerset Cup, support Bath Rugby A League.
- Men’s 2nd XV – BUCS Premier South 1, BUCS Vase, Somerset Cup, Bath Combination Cup.
- Men’s 3rd XV – BUCS Western Tier 1, BUCS Western Conference Cup, Bath Combination Cup, Somerset Cup, friendlies.
- Men’s 4th XV – BUCS Western Tier 2, Bath Combination Cup, friendlies.
- Men’s 5th XV – BUCS Western Tier 4.
- Men’s three Freshers XVs – local university league.
- Men’s Jaegers XV (social rugby, student-led) – Local/regional/inter-club friendlies.
- Women’s 1st XV – BUCS Western 1A, BUCS Trophy.
- Women’s Development Team – occasional friendlies.
- Men’s Rugby League XIII – BUCS, BUCS Cup, BUCS 9s.
- Men’s 7s 1st – BUCS Championships 7s, support Bath Rugby 7s, two performance tournaments.
- Men’s 7s 2nd – BUCS Trophy 7s, two social tournaments.
- Women’s 7s 1st – BUCS Championships 7s, one social tournament.
- Mixed Social 7s.
- Multiple Touch Rugby teams – University Touch Series.
Training generally takes place on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays with matches on Wednesdays. Sessions are timed to accommodate lectures, with students on all degree courses able to access.
Find out more about:
New students applying to the University of Bath
Individuals wishing to study at the University of Bath who are looking to get involved in playing in any of the above teams can register their interest by filling in our online form – please click here.
For more information about our touch rugby programme, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local rugby clubs
The University of Bath is proud to have strong connections with many of the local rugby clubs found in Bath and its nearby regions, with students made aware of the playing opportunities available.