Public swimming timetable
Swim Fit Public Lanes
Swim-fit sessions must be booked and booking is available up to a day in advance (or on Fridays for Saturday and Sunday). Please click here for details of how to book your session.
Pay-as-you-swim bookings for the 50m London 2012 Legacy Pool allow access for the duration of your booked session and are priced at the following:
Public – Adults £6.75; Concessions £6.
University of Bath students – Sports Pass holders: free (for more information about activating your Sports Pass, please visit our student offer page).
Staff – £6.
March 2023 timetable (all times subject to change)
|Date||Session 1||Session 2||Session 3||Session 4|
* Please note there will be some photography in the Pentathlon GB lanes during this session from 10.30am-12.15pm. This will not impact on the public swim-fit lanes. If you have any concerns on the day, please speak to a lifeguard or member of staff.
No-shows and cancellations policy
We are experiencing a rise in the number of people who book a swimming session in advance but then do not appear. Demand for swim bookings is high right now and if you cannot make a session for any reason, please proactively cancel it through our booking system so that someone else can take the slot. If you fail to do so and are a Student Sports Pass holder, you will be charged a £3 no-show fee. Please click here for more details.
Learn to swim
Our popular parent-toddler swimming classes are back! The 30-minute sessions for youngsters aged from four months to three years take place in the warm surroundings of the Team Bath hydro-pool on Wednesday and Thursday mornings, with a maximum of five children per class. To arrange a free taster session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Swim protocol – please read before booking
- Please do not visit the Sports Training Village if you are displaying any Covid-19 symptoms or self-isolating.
- Swim-fit sessions must be booked and booking is available up to a day in advance. Please click here for further details.
- Please click here to view our swim-fit health & safety guidelines before booking a slot and visiting the Sports Training Village. Click here to view our footwear policy.
- Please do not arrive before your booked time. Changing time for swimming is included in your 1-hour booking slot – you will not be allowed to access the changing rooms before then.
- The swimming changing room facilities feature a communal unisex area with accompanying individual cubicles for quicker access to and from the pool.
- Please show courtesy when overtaking other swimmers in a lane.
- The University of Bath reserves the right to change Swim Fit times and lane allocations at short notice. Details will also be sent to 50m pool e-mail list members. Please speak to someone at reception on 01225 386339 if you wish to be added to this list. Your details will not be used for any other purposes and you can opt-out of receiving the information at any time.
Swim hats, goggles and towels are available to purchase from the Sports Training Village reception.
News and features
Catch up on all the latest news featuring swimmers and clubs based at the University of BathRead More
The swimming pool is just part of our fitness offering - check out what else is available at the Sports Training VillageRead More