Swimfit health & safety policy
The health and safety of users of the pool facilities remain of paramount importance to all staff at the Sports Training Village. For that reason, we greatly appreciate your understanding of the etiquette policy we enforce at the pool facilities.
Updated swimming customer protocol for August 2020 – please view before visiting
For your own safety, and for the safety and consideration of other users of the pool, please adhere to the following policy:
- All swim-fit sessions must be booked up to 24 hours in advance – click here to book.
- Please do not arrive before your booked time or enter the Sports Training Village if you are displaying symptoms of Covid-19.
- Changing time for swimming is included in your 1-hour booking slot – you will not be allowed to access the changing rooms before then.
- Do not enter the changing rooms with muddy footwear, use the mat provided or remove footwear before entry.
- Only flip flops or bare feet are allowed from the ramp in the changing room onwards to poolside.
- Wear suitable swimwear.
- The swimming pool changing rooms are operational but please follow the one-way system once there and maintain social distance from other pool users. Where possible, come changed and ready with your swimming costume on under your day-wear to minimise time in the changing room.
- Shower before entering the pool.
- Hand your receipt to the lifeguard on entering the pool. No receipt, no entry to the pool.
- You must be able to swim a whole length (50 metres) without stopping to be able to use this swimming pool.
- There will be maximum number of 10 swimmers per double-lane and no mid-lane overtaking is currently permitted – slower swimmers are asked to move aside at the end of the lane.
- Please ask the lifeguard before borrowing pool equipment. All borrowed equipment must be returned when you have finished.
- Use only the allocated swim-fit lanes. If there are unoccupied lanes please ask the lifeguard first before using them.
- Follow the directional boards located on the diving blocks.
- No diving off the diving blocks.
- If swimming backstroke please make an effort to be aware of your surroundings to avoid collision with the other swimmers.
- Flippers and paddles may be used at the discretion of the lifeguard. If lanes get busy you will be asked to remove these swim aids to maintain safety for all swimmers.
For further information please call reception on 01225 386339.