Student Performance Sport Offer Scheme
Applications for the 2024 Student Performance Sport Offer Scheme are now open
The Student Performance Sport offer scheme will enable successful applicants to receive a reduced offer one grade below the typical offer, in line with our other contextual and alternative offer schemes.
We want to enable student-athletes to achieve their academic and athletic potential, and the Student Performance Sport offer scheme will play a vital role in doing this alongside our Performance Sport programmes, Dual Career support and Scholarships.
Applicants must meet essential academic criteria alongside objective sport-specific performance criteria to be considered.
To be eligible for nomination, you must be an athlete who competes in any of the following sports:
- Bobsleigh and Skeleton
We may also be able to consider you if you are a member of an Olympic or Paralympic World Class programme in a sport not listed.
You must also meet these essential sporting criteria:
- You are in good standing with your sport’s National Governing Body (NGB);
- You are not serving a period of ineligibility as a result of an anti-doping rule violation;
- You have not been found guilty of any sporting offence that could reasonably bring the University of Bath or its sports teams into disrepute;
- You meet sport-specific performance criteria (click here to view).
While the scheme will primarily benefit UK students, international students will be eligible on a case-by-case basis.
Essential academic criteria
To be eligible for nomination, you must meet these essential academic criteria:
- You meet any essential GCSE requirements of your course;
- Your entry qualifications include all essential subjects for your course;
- Your application meets a minimum academic profile suitable for your course – your predicted grades will usually need to be no more than two grades below the typical offer for the course;
- You must be studying A levels or the IB Diploma. We cannot consider predominantly BTEC qualifications. Other qualifications may be considered on a case-by-case basis, please contact UG Admissions;
- Your application must include a suitable personal statement and academic reference;
- If you have already achieved some or all your entry qualifications, you must be able to meet any offer we may make you.
The scheme is available on all University of Bath courses except FdSc Sport (Sports Performance).
Once you have applied for your course at the University of Bath, if you meet the essential sporting and academic criteria, you may complete the nomination form (link below).
Nominations will be considered by a Nominations Panel, comprising of representatives from the Department of Sports Development and Recreation, UG Admission and academic departments. You will be notified of the outcome once your application has been reviewed by the panel. Nomination meetings are scheduled to take place in November, January and March.
An ‘equal consideration’ deadline for nominations will be set as 8th March 2024. While nominations may be considered after this point, the University will reserve the right to discount nominations where any caps on their sport have already been reached.
If you would like to be considered for a contextual offer under this scheme, then you must complete the nomination form in full and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.