Dual Career programme
The University of Bath is home to a plethora of Dual Career student-athletes across a diverse range of sports who show exceptional achievement and potential in both their academic and sporting endeavours. To help maximise their potential in both fields, we provide a package of support tailored to the needs and demands of a Dual Career lifestyle.
Dual Career athletes are:
- Recognised on their NGB Performance Pathway, or an NGB endorsed TASS athlete;
- Studying full or part-time at the University of Bath (unless as a part of TASS);
- Competing in an Olympic, Paralympic or Commonwealth sport OR competing at an exceptional level in a sport outside of these Games (decisions on non-Olympic, Paralympic or Commonwealth sports will be at the discretion of the department).
Please be aware that this criteria is to be used as a guide only. Reaching these levels is not a guarantee that an application will be successful. We reserve the right to amend the criteria at any time. An applicants’ attitude and commitment to Team Bath is also taken into account.
Dual Career athletes receive:
- Free access to the Team Bath Gym & Fitness Centre, and facilities;
- Access to a qualified lifestyle advisor who will support you through the demands of a Dual Career lifestyle;
- A series of workshops designed to support the demands of balancing a Dual Career and/or support with employability and future career planning;
- Anti-Doping education;
- Access to sport support services.
To see the student-athletes we support and the wide range of sports they compete in, click here to view a list of Dual Career student-athletes from the current and recent academic years.
Applications for Dual Career status can be made throughout the year but please make sure you fill in the appropriate online form below.
Click here for 2022-23 applications.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Team Bath Athlete Agreement
Please note the terms and conditions of our Team Bath Athlete Agreement [click here for 2022-23 terms].