Dual career programme
The University of Bath is home to a plethora of Dual Career athletes who show exceptional achievement and potential in both their academic and sporting endeavours and we provide a package of support tailored to the needs and demands of a Dual Career lifestyle.
Dual Career athletes are:
- Recognised on their NGB Performance Pathway, or an NGB endorsed TASS athlete;
- Studying full or part-time at the University of Bath (unless as a part of TASS);
- Competing in an Olympic, Paralympic or Commonwealth sport;
- Competing at an exceptional level in a sport outside of Olympic, Paralympic or Commonwealth sport that can contribute to BUCS Points.
Dual Career athletes receive:
- Free access to the gym and facilities;
- Access to a qualified lifestyle advisor who will support them through the demands of a Dual Career lifestyle;
- A mentorship scheme;
- Up to 75% off professional qualifications;
- A series of workshops;
- A parking permit (if you are a UK Sport Funded athlete at the Podium or Podium Potential Level);
- Discounts within the STV Sports Café.
To apply for Dual Career status, click here.
The Elite Athlete Fund
Team Bath have the potential to offer financial assistance to University of Bath students to compete at an international competitions to include:
- FISU Registered Events (i.e. World University Games and Championships)*
- EUSA Events
- Competitions where the athlete has been selected to represent their country internationally by their NGB
- University students are entitled to apply for support towards certain costs incurred whilst competing to an international level; the amount available varies depending on number of applications to the fund and type of competition.
- This fund has a rolling application throughout the year and will prioritise applicants competing at World University Games and Championships, and FISU Registered events*. Please read the terms and conditions set out in the application form.
To apply for the fund, please complete our Elite Athlete Application Form.
For more information, please email us.