Dual career programme
Applications are now being taken from current and potential students for the 2018/19 Dual Career Programme – see below for details.
The University of Bath is home to a plethora of Dual Career athletes who show exceptional achievement and potential in both their academic and sporting endeavours and we provide a package of support tailored to the needs and demands of a Dual Career lifestyle.
Dual Career athletes are:
- Recognised on their NGB Performance Pathway, or an NGB endorsed TASS athlete
- Studying full or part-time at the University of Bath (unless as a part of TASS)
- Competing in an Olympic, Paralympic or Commonwealth sport, or internationally with a reasonable expectation of a career in their sport
Dual Career athletes receive:
- Free access to the gym and facilities
- Access to a qualified lifestyle advisor who will support them through the demands of a Dual Career lifestyle
- A mentorship scheme
- Up to 75% off professional qualifications
- A series of workshops
- A parking permit (if you are a UK Sport Funded athlete at the Podium or Podium Potential Level)
- Discounts within the STV café
To apply for Dual Career status, click here.
Team Bath Support Services Grant (SSG)
Team Bath have the opportunity to offer an SSG to athletes training at the university in order to offer them free access to science and medicine support services to the value of £1,000 per annum to assist in their pursuit of performance excellence. There are 15 awards available in total.
The following criteria applies:
- Be recognised within the High Performance Community as either a full-time or Dual Career athlete
- Must not be receiving UK Sport, TASS or Sport England Funding
- Non priority sports can apply in order to support their squad, but must demonstrate their capacity to become a priority sport in the future
- Athletes must show a clear need for the support to aid their competition and training
- Priority sports cannot apply however, athletes within these squads may apply on a personal basis if they meet the above criteria
Applications for 2018-19 are now being accepted – click here for more information (closing date of August 31, 2018).
For further information see our PDF: Team Bath Support Service Grant [PDF]
The Elite Athlete Fund
Team Bath have the potential to offer financial assistance to University of Bath students to compete at an international competitions to include:
- FISU Registered Events (i.e. World University Games and Championships)*
- EUSA Events
- Competitions where the athlete has been selected to represent their country internationally by their NGB
- University students are entitled to apply for support towards certain costs incurred whilst competing to an international level; the amount available varies depending on number of applications to the fund and type of competition.
- This fund has a rolling application throughout the year and will prioritise applicants competing at World University Games and Championships, and FISU Registered events*. Please read the terms and conditions set out in the application form.
To apply for the fund, please complete our Elite Athlete Application Form.
For more information, please email us.