Dual career programme
The University of Bath is home to a plethora of Dual Career athletes who show exceptional achievement and potential in both their academic and sporting endeavours and we provide a package of support tailored to the needs and demands of a Dual Career lifestyle.
Dual Career athletes are:
- Recognised on their NGB Performance Pathway, or an NGB endorsed TASS athlete
- Studying full or part-time at the University of Bath (unless as a part of TASS)
- Competing in an Olympic, Paralympic or Commonwealth sport, or internationally with a reasonable expectation of a career in their sport
Dual Career athletes receive:
- Free access to the gym and facilities
- Access to a qualified lifestyle advisor who will support them through the demands of a Dual Career lifestyle
- A mentorship scheme
- Up to 75% off professional qualifications
- A series of workshops
- A parking permit (if you are a UK Sport Funded athlete at the Podium or Podium Potential Level)
- Discounts within the STV café
To apply for Dual Career status, click here.
Team Bath athlete support services grant
Team Bath at the University of Bath offer an ‘Athlete Support Services Grant’ affords athletes training at the university access to science and medicine support services to the value of £1200 per annum to assist in their pursuit of performance excellence. Awards are given for one year in duration and selection is made on the athlete’s potential for development and success.
The elite athlete support fund
Team Bath can offer financial assistance to University of Bath students to compete at an international competition.
University students are entitled to apply for support towards certain costs incurred whilst competing to an international level between the dates of November 1st 2015 and October 31st 2016; the amount available is dependent on whether the criteria set out in the application form is adhered to.
This fund has a rolling application throughout the year and will prioritise applicants competing at World University Games and Championships, and FISU Registered events.
To apply for the fund, please complete our Elite Athlete Application Form.
For more information, please email us.