Dual Career programme
The University of Bath is home to a plethora of Dual Career student-athletes across a diverse range of sports who show exceptional achievement and potential in both their academic and sporting endeavours. To help maximise their potential in both fields, we provide a package of support tailored to the needs and demands of a Dual Career lifestyle.
Dual Career athletes are:
- Recognised on their NGB Performance Pathway, or an NGB endorsed TASS athlete;
- Studying full or part-time at the University of Bath (unless as a part of TASS);
- Competing in an Olympic, Paralympic or Commonwealth sport;
- Competing at an exceptional level in a sport outside of Olympic, Paralympic or Commonwealth sport that can contribute to BUCS Points.
Dual Career athletes receive:
- Free access to the Team Bath Gym and facilities;
- Access to a qualified lifestyle advisor who will support them through the demands of a Dual Career lifestyle;
- A mentorship scheme;
- Up to 75% off professional qualifications;
- A series of workshops;
- A parking permit (if you are a UK Sport Funded athlete at the Podium or Podium Potential Level);
- Discounts within the STV Sports Café.
Dual Career athletes 2018-19
|Badminton||Adam Colley, Andrew Heinemann, Joshua Hong, Jessica Li, Sam Lyle, Elizabeth McMorrow, Devon Minnis, George Nicolaou, Angus Pedersen, George Preistman|
|Fencing||Costanza Maria Peretti|
|Football||Emily Donovan, Florence Fyfe, Johnny Gorman, Libby Piggott|
|Hockey||Amelie Green, Tess Hannah, Courtney Hansford|
|Judo||Louis Delsol, Tom Nash, Jack Purllant, Adomas Puzelevicius|
|Modern Pentathlon||Olivia Green, Jamie Harper, Oliver Murray, Okan Onay, Montgomery Podger, Jessica Sutton, James Wilton|
|Netball||Liberty Burnett, Sophie Carter, Kirsty Harris, Anya Le Monnier, Anna Lebe, Elisha New, Becky Reed, Imogen Spark, Francesca Wells|
|Rowing||Luke Gwenter, Kate Hunt, John Laurenson, Georgia Martin, James Martin, Hetty Palmer, Matthew Rees, Joseph Russell, Max Valentine, Rebecca Wilde|
|Rugby||Will Butt, Oliver Cattell, Arthur Cordwell, Rhys Davies, Grace Hood, Ethan Hutt, Jack Kenningham, Sam Ngeng, Simone Ngeng, Will Partington, Miles Reid, Tom Rowland|
|Skiing||Yasmine Cooper, Lloyd Wallace|
|Swimming||Filippos Iakovidis, William Ryley, Emily Wood|
|Tennis||Florence Abbott, Tom Cartledge, Laurie Clark, Alisa Cole, Frederick Davies, Joshua Farmer, Callum Findlay, Eleanor-Rose Griffiths, Olivia Malkowski, Louis Newman, Rebekah Charlotte O’Loughlin, Francesco Paschetto|
|Triathlon||Alex Chantler-Mayne, Leon Chevalier|
|Water Polo||Jack Tod|
The Elite Athlete Fund
Team Bath have the potential to offer financial assistance to University of Bath students to compete at an international competitions to include:
- FISU Registered Events (i.e. World University Games and Championships)*
- EUSA Events
- Competitions where the athlete has been selected to represent their country internationally by their NGB
- University students are entitled to apply for support towards certain costs incurred whilst competing to an international level; the amount available varies depending on number of applications to the fund and type of competition.
- This fund has a rolling application throughout the year and will prioritise applicants competing at World University Games and Championships, and FISU Registered events*. Please read the terms and conditions set out in the application form.
To apply for the fund, please complete our Elite Athlete Application Form.
For more information, please email us.