Our entry-level personal training qualification allow learners to work within a gym-based environment, freelance as a Personal Trainer or launch their own business.
Upon completion of the Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training, learners are able to continue their development by undertaking a number of health & fitness awards to deliver group exercise classes or further knowledge with special populations.
Entry Criteria: 16+, a good understanding of both written and spoken English.
Duration: Weekends over six months, six taught weekends and home study (blended learning) OR Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm for five weeks (full-time).
Next course dates: Blended learning – Option 1 starting October 2020, Option 2 starting February 2021. Full-time – TBC.
Price Structure: £2,400 (discounts available for University of Bath students). Please click here to see our payments and funding page for more information.
Course syllabus and assessment
Delivered over 11 compulsory units, learners will cover:
- Principles of anatomy, physiology and fitness;
- Professionalism and customer care for fitness instructors;
- Health and safety in the fitness environment;
- Conducting client consultations to support positive behaviour change;
- Planning and instructing gym-based exercise;
- Applied anatomy and physiology for exercise, health and fitness;
- The principles of nutrition and their application to exercise and health;
- Lifestyle, health, wellbeing and common medical conditions;
- Encouraging positive health and fitness behaviours in clients;
- Programme design and delivery for personal training;
- Professionalism and business acumen for personal trainers.
Assessment: Multiple-choice theory assessments (x3); On-course and end-of-course practical assessments; Learner assessment records (worksheets); Learner Achievement Portfolios (LAP) (x2); Attendance for course content.
Progression Routes– Entry to Level 3 Exercise Referral, Level 2 Awards in Studio Cycling, Kettlebells, circuits.
Health & Fitness Programme Manager – Hannah van Buuren – 01225 385378 – H.E.Van.Buuren@bath.ac.uk