Biographies of coaches and mentors
Senior Manager – Training & Development
Chris leads the learning strategy of the DSDR as part of the Senior Management Team, as Staff Development Lead. Chris manages a team of practitioner-educators across various disciplines of sport, and delivers performance focused projects that incorporate learning and development themes. He has recently started coaching more actively in the network over the past nine months and is currently coaching a small group of individuals across a range of themes and focuses.
Chris is pro-active in embedding coaching as a management style, and working to train and develop coaches amongst DSDR as part of a coaching culture exercise.
Particular areas of interest related to coaching:
- Management development and Coaching development
- Career Development
- Building teams
- Creativity and thinking skills
Developing people and performance through organisation theory, and the use of learning and development practices. Working collaboratively to drive organisational performance through people, and supportive of challenging bureaucracy to instil a learning culture by using creative, strategic and empathetic approaches to work.
An educationalist and management professional, Chris has spent over 12 years developing people through education and training, in both design and delivery. Chris takes a strategic approach to people development across the department, and is actively delivering the ILM accredited leadership and management training, which includes coaching.
- BSc Communication Studies
- MA Education
– CIPD Advanced Certificate Learning & Development
– Doctorate in Business Administration
Programme Lead: Technical & Operations
Coaching provided to UoB staff within the following areas: Operations teams; Career administration; Student Union; Estates Department
Particular areas of interest in relation to coaching:
- Communication/Interpersonal skills
- Leadership/aspiring leaders
- Action focused coaching
- Prioritisation, time management & organisational skills
- Confidence building & resilience
- Performance management
- Managing professional relationships
- Handling difficult conversations
Programme Lead: Currently developing a portfolio of qualifications and courses for the University and commercial delivery; First Aid, Pool Lifeguard, Safeguarding, Health & Safety and ILM courses. Creating a workforce document and need analysis for the operations team Motivating and encouraging staff members to progress throughout the Department.
Programme Lead, University of Bath, September 2017-present
Duty Manager, University of Bath, April 2004-Septemer 2017
Fitness Instructor, Living Well Health club
- ILM Level 5 Diploma in Coaching, Leadership & Mentoring (Institute of Leadership & Management)
- Ongoing Coaching Supervision ensuring good professional practice
- NLP course (current learning)
- Delivering programmes including the ILM 3 Coaching Award from April 2018