Our event record
The University of Bath has established a reputation for hosting high quality training and preparation camps and events.
Athletes from a dozen nations trained at the University ahead of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. They included Olympic swimmers from China and badminton players from Malaysia, and we were chosen to host ParalympicsGB’s main preparation camps ahead of London 2012.
We also regularly host Netball Superleague matches which are attended by up to 2,000 spectators and are often broadcast live on national TV channels (see above).
Among the major events we have hosted are:
- European Youth Olympic Games in 1995
- British University Games in 2004
- British Transplant Games in 2006 & 2010
- UK School Games in 2008
- England v New Zealand and England v Australia netball internationals in 2009
- England v Japan badminton international in 2009
- BBC South West Sports Awards in 2008 and 2009
- Aegon ATP Challenger tennis tournaments in 2011, 2012 & 2013
- British Colleges Sport National Championships in 2011 and 2012
- England v Australia netball international 2012 & 2013
- Special Olympics GB National Summer Games 2013
- Modern Pentathlon European Championships 2015
- Invictus Games UK trials 2016
- Invictus Games UK trials 2017
Special Olympics 2013
Contact our Events team for further information.
Team Bath offers some of the best sports facilities in the UK in an inspirational environment. The £30 million Sports Training Village is the hub of these facilities and is open seven days a week for student and elite sportsmen and women as well as public sport and recreation.Read More