Our event record
The University of Bath has established a reputation for hosting high-quality training and preparation camps and events.
In recent years we have successfully staged two Modern Pentathlon European Championships in 2015 and 2019, both Olympic qualifying events; three Invictus Games UK Team Trials; and the first Fed Cup tennis event to be staged in Great Britain for 25 years.
Athletes from a dozen nations trained at the University ahead of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. They included Olympic swimmers from China and badminton players from Malaysia, and we were chosen to host ParalympicsGB’s main preparation camps ahead of London 2012. Other international squads to have staged training camps here include England Rugby and Australia during the 2015 Rugby World Cup.
We also regularly host Netball Superleague matches which are attended by up to 2,000 spectators and are often broadcast live on national TV channels.
Among the major events we have hosted are:
- European Youth Olympic Games in 1995
- British University Games in 2004
- British Transplant Games in 2006 & 2010
- UK School Games in 2008
- England v New Zealand and England v Australia netball internationals in 2009
- England v Japan badminton international in 2009
- BBC South West Sports Awards in 2008 and 2009
- Aegon ATP Challenger tennis tournaments in 2011, 2012 & 2013
- British Colleges Sport National Championships in 2011 and 2012
- England v Australia netball international 2012 & 2013
- Special Olympics GB National Summer Games 2013
- Modern Pentathlon European Championships 2015
- Invictus Games UK trials 2016
- Invictus Games UK trials 2017
- BUCS Big Wednesday 2017
- Invictus Games UK trials 2018
- Fed Cup tennis 2019
- Modern Pentathlon European Championships 2019
Modern Pentathlon European Championships 2019
Fed Cup 2019
Invictus Games UK Trials 2018
Special Olympics 2013
Contact our Events team for further information.
Team Bath offers some of the best sports facilities in the UK in an inspirational environment. The £30 million Sports Training Village is the hub of these facilities and is open seven days a week for student and elite sportsmen and women as well as public sport and recreation.Read More