The $15k men’s singles tournament gets under way in earnest on Tuesday as the week-long Aegon GB Pro-Series Tennis Event at the University of Bath ramps up.
After two hard-fought days of qualification, the last 32 men are now in place and all 16 first-round matches will take place during another busy day of competition at the Sports Training Village.
Number one seed Tom Kocevar-Desman of Slovenia will start his title bid against Germany’s Tom Schonenberg, while Joris De Loore – the number two seed from Belgium – faces British qualifier Mark Whitehouse.
Neil Pauffley, fresh from winning last week’s Aegon GB Pro-Series Tennis Event in Taunton, faces number three seed Filip Peliwo.
The highest-ranked British player is Team Bath MCTA’s Richard Gabb and the number four seed will be hoping for plenty of home support when he plays Belgium’s Laurens Verboven on Court 2.
Also competing at her home venue on Tuesday is University of Bath Sport & Exercise student Emma Hurst, who faces Mexico’s Sebastiani Leon in the second round of qualifying for the women’s $25k tournament.
Hurst’s latest match is first on Court 6, with all of Tuesday’s action getting under way at 10am. There are 28 matches scheduled, including four in the men’s doubles round-of-16, and entry is free to spectators.
Order of play for Tuesday, November 10 (1oam start)
- WSQ2 – Sofie Oyen (1, BEL) v Jasmine Amber Asghar (13, GBR)
- MSR32 – Tom Kocevar-Desman (1, SLO) v Tom Schonenberg (GER)
- MSR32 – Marcus Walters (GBR) v Matthias Wunner (GER)
- MSR32 – Neil Pauffley (GBR) v Filip Peliwo (3, CAN)
- WSQ2 – Greet Minnen (2, BEL) v Savannah Sills (15, GBR)
- MSR32 – Richard Gabb (4, GBR) v Laurens Verboven (BEL)
- MSR32 – Joel Cannell (GBR) v Luke Oakley (GBR)
- MSR32 – Riccardo Sinicropi (ITA) v Billy Harris (GBR)
- WSQ2 – Mollie Crouch (GBR) v Mia Nicole Eklund (14, FIN)
- MSR32 – Michael Geerts (7, BEL) v Scott Clayton (GBR)
- MSR32 – Lloyd Glasspool (GBR) v Matthew Short (GBR)
- MSR32 – Viktor Durasovic (5, NOR) v Luke Bambridge (GBR)
- WSQ2 – Mariam Bolkvadze (5, GEO) v Caroline Werner (11, GER)
- MSR32 – Mark Whitehouse (GBR) v Joris de Loore (2, BEL)
- MSR32 – Keelan Oakley (GBR) v Jonny O’Mara (GBR)
- MSR32 – Joshua Paris (GBR) v Joshua Ward-Hibbert (GBR)
- WSQ2 – Nora Niedmers (7, GER) v Elaine Genovese (MLT)
- WSQ2 – Karen Barbat (3, DEN) v Kristina Smith (9, USA)
- MSR32 – Evan Hoyt (GBR) v Sam Barry (6, IRL)
- MSR32 – Adam Thornton-Brown (GBR) v Sizya Ernest Kivanda (GBR)
- WSQ2 – Emma Hurst (GBR) v Sabastiani Leon (12, MEX)
- WSQ2 – Holly Hutchinson (GBR) v Steffi Carruthers (10, SAM)
- MSR32 – Robbie Ridout (GBR) v Peter Bothwell (IRL)
- MSR32 – Ben Patael (ISR) v Mats Moraing (8, GER)
- MDR16 – Billy Harris (GBR)/Evan Hoyt (GBR) v Keelan Oakley (GBR)/Neil Pauffley (GBR)
- MDR16 – Joris de Loore (BEL)/Michael Geerts (BEL) v Tom Kocevar-Desman (SLO)/Laurens Verboven (BEL)
- MDR16 – Luke Oakley (GBR)/Robbie Ridout (GBR) v
Tom Schonenberg (GER)/Matthias Wunner (GER)
- MDR16 – Peter Bothwell (IRL)/Matthew Short (GBR) v
Charles Broom (GBR)/Matthew Story (GBR)
MSR32: Men’s Singles round of 32. MDR16: Men’s Doubles round of 16. WSQ2: Women’s Singles second qualifying round.