National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers & Coaches
What do I get?
- A nationally recognised qualification;
- Become qualified in carrying out lifesaving skills;
- Experienced practitioners with real life sport-related first aid treatment;
- Training in our inspirational Sports Training Village;
- An opportunity to build on this qualification and achieve the next level.
What will I study?
- Your role and responsibilities;
- First aid;
- Pool Safety Operating Procedures;
- Hazards on poolside;
- Dealing with emergencies;
- Polices & procedures;
- Pool supervision and intervention;
- Class management & safety;
- Awareness of Suspected Spinal Cord Injury Management.
Why study with us?
- Use our inspirational Sports Training Village to study, training and gain necessary industry experience while you’re with us;
- Learn from elite practitioners who are working within the field of sporting first aid injuries;
- Job opportunities within the leisure industry;
- Experience of an Olympic-sized swimming pool.
Please email Jemma Plummer – J.M.Plummer@bath.ac.uk – to find out more and register your interest in the course.