Sports Massage: Continued Professional Development (CPD)
CPD weekends are aimed at Sports Massage Therapists and delivered by experienced tutor and practitioner Stan Mavridis – click here to read his bio.
An intensive, cutting-edge approach to releasing Myofascial restrictions using Performance Myofascial Release Techniques (PMRT) and the protocols of Active Isolated Stretching (AIS), all in a small group class environment. Weekends at the University of Bath will focus on either the Upper or Lower Body. Day 1 will be devoted to PMRT and day 2 to AIS.
Course dates and booking details
|TBC||9am-5pm daily||Myofascial release & active stretching (lower body)||£250||Click here to book|
Myofascial release & active stretching – course structure
Day 1: Performance Myofascial Release Techniques
- An introduction/review of the myofascial and muscular anatomy and function of the hips, legs, feet (lower) or neck, arms and torso (upper);
- How to assess client ROM and Myofascial restrictions using visual body reading active and passive ROM;
- Direct Myofascial Release techniques specific to a wide range of sports/athletes and how to best utilise each stoke in supine, prone, side lying, standing and seated positions.
Day 2: Active Isolated Stretching (AIS). Performance/Stretch
- How to safely and effectively assist your clients/athletes stretch all major muscle groups using the AIS Performance/Stretch method of muscle lengthening and fascial release;
- How to incorporate AIS Performance/Stretch into your practice;
- The differences between active and passive stretching techniques;
- Specific body positioning and the use of belts to secure client to treatment couch for more effective results;
- How to successfully integrate both therapies into one effective treatment.